Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_W View Post
    I must tell the people of this Post an experiance I had a few years ago.
    I was hosting a meeting of some NSW WorkCover Inspectors at my place of work, during a break we went outside for some fresh air, there was some Contractors doing some work on some signs at our Premises and they were using a Cherry Picker to get access to the signs.
    One of the Inspectors noticed that a Workman in the Cherry Picker was not wearing a Harness, he called out to the Workman to put a Harness on, the Workman basically said to us to mind our business and he would get on with his job, at that point 12 Inspectors showed him there Badges and reminded the Workman of his need for a Harness. The look on the Workmans face was amazing when confrounted with this, lets say his Dry Cleaner knew how supprised he was.
    He then promptly got his Harness and continued his work, bet he never forgets that day.

Regards,
    Keith.
    A friend of my wife is an inspector for the state labor board. She was telling us a
    prime source of information is the newspapers.

There was a picture on the front page of our local paper showing workers finishing
    up on a new theater. One was cutting metal pipe with a chop saw, no gloves or
    safety glasses, in the back ground was a worker on a lift with boxes stacked on top
    the railing, no safety harness and the gate on the lift basket was open.

BUSTED! All work was stopped and the entire crew was fired, The company was fined.
    and the theater was three months late getting opened. All the inspections had to be
    redone.

You have just showed up PAT testers for what they are.....primarily an administrative tool that is primarily devised for use by the unqualified.

This is why many of the test and tag only courses concentrate on the pat tester and not the use of a stand alone insulation tester.

If a cable came into my hands and did not pass the visual test......I am obliged ( under the QLD electricity act) to either repair it or render it safe before it leaves my sight.

cheers
    Any thing with sharp teeth eats meat.
    Most powertools have sharp teeth.
    People are made of meat.
    Abrasives can be just as dangerous as a blade.....and 10 times more painfull.