Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Ueee is offline Blacksmith, Cabinetmaker, Machinist, Messmaker

Quote Originally Posted by Michael G View Post
    If you look carefully at the left end of the base, there is a slot coming up from the dovetail. On the end there are drilled and tapped holes for two M10 bolts that when tightened will clamp things up - there is not much movement but the dovetail is meant to be a close fit so there doesn't need to be. Dean may have to glue in some shim to adjust if I've been a bit heavy handed...
    It is copied from the rear tool post design used on my CVA (not that I've ever used it).

Michael
    Thanks Michael, thats what i had guessed, but there also appears to be a lever atop that side of the base that threw me, but looking again it may be the spanner from the parting tool that is sitting there.
    1915 17"x50" LeBlond heavy duty Lathe, 24" Queen city shaper, 1970's G Vernier FV.3.TO Universal Mill, 1958 Blohm HFS 6 surface grinder, 1942 Rivett 715 Lathe, 14"x40" Antrac Lathe, Startrite H225 Bandsaw, 1949 Hercus Camelback Drill press, 1947 Holbrook C10 Lathe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ueee View Post
    Thanks Michael, thats what i had guessed, but there also appears to be a lever atop that side of the base that threw me, but looking again it may be the spanner from the parting tool that is sitting there.
    That would be my fault. Yes it is a socket type spanner sitting next to the parting tool it fits. I should have had it up the other way so it was obvious but I was in a hurry. Something to do with not having enough time to do all the things I want to do.

Dean