Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Enjoy your life in the shed - but don't get shedbound
    Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can? -- Sun Tzu

Enjoy it all Bob.
    You earned it.
    Scally

Congratulations Bob!
    How was your first 'unemployed' day?
    I'm still catching myself out thinking about work.... but it's slowly getting less often.
    Spent a couple of great days with the grandkids - MIDWEEK! Sweet!
    All the best.
    Cheers,
    Joe
    9"thicknesser/planer, 12" bench saw, 2Hp Dusty, 5/8" Drill press, 10" Makita drop saw, 2Hp Makita outer, the usual power tools and carpentry hand tools...

Quote Originally Posted by jhovel View Post
    Congratulations Bob!
    How was your first 'unemployed' day?
    I'm still catching myself out thinking about work.... but it's slowly getting less often.
    Spent a couple of great days with the grandkids - MIDWEEK! Sweet!
    All the best.
    Thanks Joe.
    My first unemployed day will actually be tomorrow. I know I told everyone that I would be retiring on the 28 Feb but that is my last day at work. 1st March is my first unemployed day.
    Its 4:15am in the morning here and I just woke up to let the dogs out for a wizz, I was a bit anxious about the last day but now that it is here it feels OK. Apart from going for a coffee with a few of my work mates I can't even think about what I am going to do at work today. My office is empty of all my stuff, no specific tasks to do apart from hand in my keys.

Tomorrow is already full up and all of next week/month is looking fairly busy.

Quote Originally Posted by BobL View Post
    1st March is my first unemployed day.

Tomorrow is already full up and all of next week/month is looking fairly busy.
    And that is how it will be from now on. Enjoy it.
    Tom

"It's good enough" is low aim

On my last day at work, with about half an hour to go, farewells said, gear packed up etc. a person came to my office looking for some help understanding some data he'd bought from us. He'd been shunted all round the place with no success, but I was able to help him. "Great", he says, "can I come in and see you on Monday?"
    When I explained the situation to him, I was immediately offered a contract (which I took) to start as soon as I returned from my holiday.
    Visit my website
    Website
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by AlexS View Post
    On my last day at work, with about half an hour to go, farewells said, gear packed up etc. a person came to my office looking for some help understanding some data he'd bought from us. He'd been shunted all round the place with no success, but I was able to help him. "Great", he says, "can I come in and see you on Monday?"
    When I explained the situation to him, I was immediately offered a contract (which I took) to start as soon as I returned from my holiday.
    I love these types of stories

by the way, I like your dovetail entry
    regards from Alberta, Canada

ian

Thanks Ian.
    Visit my website
    Website
    Facebook

Bob's to do list.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by BobL View Post
    1st March is my first unemployed day.
    Hi Bob, we had a whip around and put together a TO DO list for your first day
    regards from Alberta, Canada

ian

Nobody look to the west ...

the cheshire cat grin will light up the horizon and could be damaging to your eyesight.

hope your last day went well!
    regards
    Nick
    veni, vidi,
    tornavi
    Without wood it's just ...

Thanks Nick - yes my face muscles are starting to get pretty sore

Well, it's all over, just the corporate farewell party tomorrow.

Just for old times sake I decided to walk to work today, it's only 4 km and I used to do that every day till I got the corporate parking space right next to my office. I used to do it rain/hail/shine and found it quite therapeutic and it was so again today. I had very little to do today and spent the last hour or so going around and farewelling a few people. Shut the office door and handed back all my keys - my key ring contents went down 50% which is a good thing.

Walk home was a warm one (34º) but I just felt all my worries and cares finally slipping away. It's a good feeling so far. So what about at home, a warm welcome, a beer and and a home cooked meal???? No, . . . . SWMBO has gone horse riding so it's me and the dawgs and I'm cooking dinner!!!! No different to every other thursday night really.

Congratulations Bob, looking forward too seeing what you make with the spare time

Well it's all over.

The corporate farewell was pretty painless, and the staff gave me a big stack of gift certificates to a well known woodworkers store as farewell gift that will come in handy over the next year or so.

Thanks to all who expressed their best wishes.
    Cheers
    Bob

Bob I'm really pleased for you!!!

My "send off" was something I don't even want to remember,due to me being crook at the time. I just wanted out.

But I do remember my last day at High School. Probably as far as your work was. Finished just after lunch and walked home in the rain. No rain coat. It was just so pleasant!! I even turned down a lift from someone I knew. I remember the rain was warm. Very pleasant.
    Just do it!

Kind regards Rod

Quote Originally Posted by chambezio View Post
    Bob I'm really pleased for you!!!

My "send off" was something I don't even want to remember,due to me being crook at the time. I just wanted out.

But I do remember my last day at High School. Probably as far as your work was. Finished just after lunch and walked home in the rain. No rain coat. It was just so pleasant!! I even turned down a lift from someone I knew. I remember the rain was warm. Very pleasant.
    Thanks.

I also remember my last day at school. I'd only got my car licence a few weeks before and for the first time dad let me take the Holden station wagon to school with the usual "drive carefully" lecture. After my last exam all of my mates had another exam so I just drove home. A couple of the mates came out to the school car park to see me off and leaving the car park I squealed the tyres and did a small fishtail up the street. Look backwards at my mates smiling and giving me their middle fingers I did not see the cop about 50m down the road standing next to his car booking someone - he looked straight at me and waved his pointed finger and head in a no-no-no fashion - for a moment I thought he wanted me to stop or maybe he took my number plate but I kept going. Of course I then lived in fear for a few months that Dad would get a letter or something. Any way that sure did slow me right down, well at least for a while.