Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bitingmidge
    BTW the lacquer on the new stuff looks so much better than the Danish Oil on the old, I'm going to have to pull half my workshop to pieces to lacquer the old stuff now.... THANKS VERY MUCH FOR THAT MAJOR!!!
    Anytime Peter!!

As they say: "A little Knowledge is a Dangerous Thing"

I'm just proud to of helped out
    Cheers

Major Panic

One glass of beer makes a mate of mine crook too Squizz.
    P (Waiting for the Shed o' Squizz thread with baited breath!)
    Oh I wish it was something I ate. My little girl started chucking on wednesday night, then the boy on Friday night, I was at it on Saturday morning and now the missus aint feelin too well. What a great Easter. I'm not sure wether I'll be able to crap because I hurled so hard I'm sure my sphincter was on its way up.

Cheers (Dreamin of solid food)

BTW I'll take a picture of the piece of dirt (sand) that will become my shed tomorrow.
    Squizzy

"It is better to be ignorant and ask a stupid question than to be plain Stupid and not ask at all" {screamed by maths teacher in Year 8}

Nothing finished but it would be a shame not to continue the tour!!

For Squizz, note there is only softdrink next to the beer fridge, and we can flatten off some lemonade when you come to visit!!

Progress is as slow as usual, but if ever I can throw out two lifetimes of collecting rusty bolts and things I'll get it all done!!

I have no idea why we collect all the old bits that we'll never use again, but I am determined to get it all into the 150 odd plastic drawers that I now have homes for... anything else can just go...somewhere else??

When the bench is emptied, you can get a feeling for what it'll look like from this shot. Cupboards #11 and #13 again, with a bit more progress on the hand tool cupboard and some of the @#$#!@@ hardware being sorted!

Drawer units were salvaged from an office fitout, as were the bench tops and come to think of it the cupboard carcasses!

I'll go through the contents in a later post, but the drawers are my versions of Sturdee's pigeon holes, bearing in mind that my brand new (4 weeks) LA Plane has just developed it's first rust spot :eek:, you see that pigeon holes aren't really the go in this climate!!

Timber lattice in the bench top is the half finished downdraft table.

Timber slats are ex 15 x 12mm Radiata wall cladding ripped to 34mm strips because I could get three from each board, with a 6mm gap between. I have used off-cuts and bits of wire to support tools temporarily , just poked into the gaps, got the idea from shop fittings and it seems to be working well.

Cheers,

P

I'll go through the contents in a later post, but the drawers are my versions of Sturdee's pigeon holes, bearing in mind that my brand new (4 weeks) LA Plane has just developed it's first rust spot :eek:, you see that pigeon holes aren't really the go in this climate!!
    Ah yes, that famous Queensland climate, " Perfect one day Tool rusting weather the next".

Fun sorting out the nuts and bolts isn't it. :eek: But when finished and organized it is definitely worth it.

Peter.

I hope Mrs Midge doesnt mind you using her kitchen as your work shop.
    My kitchen isnt as well organised as your work shop.

Al

Midge,

Very nice setup mate! I'm envious.

Got a place picked out for your Besseys??
    Wayne

* New Website - Updates Coming Soon *
    http://wayneswoodwork.davyfamily.com/

note there is only softdrink next to the beer fridge
    That's coz the beer fridge is full of beer

Dan
    Is there anything easier done than said?
    - Stacky. The bottom pub, Cobram.

The dust extraction setup is great. And the view of the pond is very nice. Makes my new setup look very industrial by comparison.

How do the slats work. They certainly look better than pegboard.

More tool . But can you use the Larry Flynt method of photography -closeups.

I can't beleive people don't want to see this sought of stuff. To me it's like looking in a catalogue. I'd like that, that and that. Yeh and one of those as well. Good job mate.

Nothing finished but it would be a shame not to continue the tour!!
    "I spy with my little eye" - a new STAR 1ℓ spray pot box!!
    The question is what nug did you get to go with the new pot????
    Cheers

Major Panic

Quote Originally Posted by MajorPanic
    "I spy with my little eye" - a new STAR 1? spray pot box!!
    The question is what nug did you get to go with the new pot????
    Nice try!! Actually it's the old box... about five or six years old to be precise!!

Attaches to the 770 which is also kept in it's box!

I'm not particular about keeping things in their boxes, it's just that... well have a look at the mess I used to live in, and you'll see that there was a bit of logic in keeping some things so they could be stacked!!

Ironically the nearly worn out one was flogged with the compressor when the bad guy struck, and the one in the box was left behind!!

As I sort out the mess slowly, watch out for a radiata version of the MP spray stand!

Cheers,

P

Thought I'd interrupt this programme to post a shot of a simple storage method I devised a few years ago (when living in the mess described above!!)

Boxes are "Handy Storers" from Crazy Clarkes @ $2.00 each, and as can be seen they conveniently stack on top of each other very tidily.

Containers/Dividers are the bottoms of 2litre milk containers, I used to use scissors, but found that they sit really nicely on a TS sled with the blade cranked up barely high enough to cut through. Four tidy snips in each corner and all are cut exactly to height!

As can be seen in the photo, no problems with overloading one container, they flex a lot and can be pulled in or out as required.

As an aside, I use the same breed of container to store our Christmas lights, but have a hole cut in the lid and use the box as a waterproof housing for the transformer while they are in use.

Cheers,

P (in a "handy hints" sort of mood!)

BM
    Nice use of the wall space, and I'm glad to see theres some coke for us who can nolonger partake of the amber.

One question, and I may have missed the answer allready but,...what size is the extraction unit you are using. For my shop I want to get a 850 cfm machine but am worried this is too small... http://www.macma.co.nz/frames.html

The model is the
    http://www.macma.co.nz/dustcollect_sdc-2041-2042.html

Would the 12" version be better.
    Its better to burn out than to fade away......

My Dust Extractor is a Jet 1200 cfm model.

Thus far I have only used it directly connected to machinery, and it would be a stating the obvious to say it works well! I WAS hoping to do the final connections for the ducting over Easter..... but....

One or two of my duct runs may be pushing the limits of the machine, only connecting it up will tell. Hopefully after it's running I'll do an analysis of length of run, no of bends etc to each machine, then maybe some measurements of air pressure as well, and we'll all have something to go with then.

I found all of the theoretical calcs too hard.... so just built it with my fingers crossed!!

To answer your question though... if you are going to run permanent ducting, bigger is better, if not, the 800 should be fine.

Whatever you do, invest in a pleated filter and don't use it with the standard dustbags. The dust bags do a great job of separating the really fine particles which bugger up your lungs, and dispersing them back evenly into the atmospher for you to have another crack at breathing!

Cheers,

P

Cheers m8, will invest some hard earned cash...
    Its better to burn out than to fade away......

A bit of an update because it's Saturday, and only one wall of the workshop is tidy!!

I'm about where I hoped to be Easter Saturday, the gadget drawers are full and the wheelie bin left full of Stock for Al's Craporium.... all manner of rusted slotted screws with the slots painted over handed down from Father to son to garbage man.

I can't help but think all the cute little plastic drawers with carefully sorted screws in them are purely cosmetic, sort of like the beans and preserves in a country kitchen...... let's see if I can ever find anything useful now that it's sorted!

Finished the downdraft table top today, (built the grid three years ago out of timber from a tile pallet - could have used oregon I suppose but that would have meant starting again and perhaps another three years to get to this point!)

Tomorrow if we don't get too many visitors I plan to finish the working bits, build a couple of blast gates with a view to firing up the DC!!!

Fingers crossed!

P