Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

I've only got one thing to say (apart from wishing you all the best of course);

MOWER

P

Quote Originally Posted by bitingmidge
    I've only got one thing to say (apart from wishing you all the best of course);

MOWER

P
    Slasher more like :eek:

Of course I'll have to buy her a ride-on so she can maintain the greens
    "I don't practice what I preach because I'm not the kind of person I'm preaching to."

Quote Originally Posted by craigb
    Slasher more like :eek:
    Not on a putting green...

P

Darren,

Here's some info for your missus :

http://www.ampacseed.com/pdfs/Backya...ting_Green.pdf

You may not want to show her this link though: :eek:

http://www.putting-greens.com/
    Last edited by craigb; 16th February 2005 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Add another link

This is the first time I've come accross this thread Silent, so I lived your experience over the last weeks, in a few minutes. WHew, what a journey. It was facinating - as I thought of things to respond, the next wouldl 'say it for me' Half of the things I would've said no longer matter, of course.

Congratulations anyway, it will be fabulous to have things exactly as you want.

I wish that I had the benefit of this BB when we sold our 'city house' in Auckland and moved over to Tasmania - agonising decision to make for me, anyway. SWMBO was moving home.

I note that you didn't take much notice of advice! Good to have the bounceback though.

We found a 0.7 acre bush block (well big enough for me) with a georgeous 9yr old home and everything done for us, (including a 12x8 shed)and close to the beach too. My comments would be:
    Limit your lawn area - plant native bush and let it go back
    Limit the amount of trees that need pruning
    Dice any trees that can fall on the buildings
    Educate the nippers about snakes/fire etc
    Have fun!
    Keep us updated, too.
    The only way to get rid of a [Domino] temptation is to yield to it. Oscar Wilde

.....so go4it people!

I think you forgot one thing... What do your parents want to do. Or at least you haven't said here what the want to do. They gave the house to you with conditions attached. Yanking up their roots may be very upsetting.

If it were me, I'd honor my parents and let them make the choice for themselves. I'd probably ask in a round about way if they'd like a change of scenery and then go form there.

Ahem - read those last couple of pages carefully - you'll find the horse has bolted.
    The only way to get rid of a [Domino] temptation is to yield to it. Oscar Wilde

.....so go4it people!

Yes, the deal is done. Currently talking to the new owner about renting from them until our new house is built.

MathewA, thanks for your concern for the oldies. Don't worry, it was their decision all the way. I put the idea to them (with a couple of sweetners, such as a new caravan, a new house, room for a veggie garden) and let them decide. It was their choice whether or not to accept the offer that was made. The new property belongs to them, not us, and technically the money is theirs to spend.

I think my Mum is a bit sad (they're actually in Perth at the moment so only spoken on the phone) but neither of my parents are 'material' and they can see the advantages of doing this. I told them that if they wanted to they could take the money and go on holidays for the rest of their lives. Plenty of people do it. They'd be back within a month because they'd miss the grandkids.

Thanks for the links Craig, the wife's old man was a greenkeeper and it's going to be his job to build it, so I'll pass them on to him. Just as long as it doesn't encroach on my shed space
    "I don't practice what I preach because I'm not the kind of person I'm preaching to."

Quote Originally Posted by silentC
    the wife's old man was a greenkeeper and it's going to be his job to build it
    Perfect !!

Quote Originally Posted by silentC
    Currently talking to the new owner about renting from them until our new house is built.
    The house is not built yet? :eek: and you want to race me. Hahahahaha.

You dont have a chance mate. Keep waiting and you would know how I feel in the past 12 months.

Hahahaha.

Ahh, but the shed will be standing well before we turn the first sod on the house. It will be the very first thing to be built and it will start the day after settlement. My challenge stands!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wongo
    The house is not built yet? :eek: and you want to race me. Hahahahaha.

You dont have a chance mate. Keep waiting and you would know how I feel in the past 12 months.

Hahahaha.
    You guys make me sick!! :eek: :eek: I've been fitting out the shed for two years and I haven't a hope of winning that race!!!

P

You do realise that we'll require a photograpic record of the construction progress and fitout of the said shed(s). A la Bob Smalser.

I suggest a seperate thread.