Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Dunn View Post
    Gotta admit, though, that phone looks like remarkable value. I'm already having to resist the pressure from my wife ... wouldn't look too good at the Microsoft barbecues if she dragged out an iPhone
    Haha. Would that be grounds for divorce?

A few of the blokes at work have got Windows Mobile handsets. They used to curse Telstra when they had Nokias, but we never hear about them anymore, the angst is all aimed squarely at MS now.

Amusing to watch them strut around with their oversized phones kept in a holster on their belts.

woodbe.

I hate these portable phone/browser devices. A client of mine has one. He does a lot of flying and I used to be safe when he was waiting for a plane, but now he uses the time to send me emails or ring me.
    "I don't practice what I preach because I'm not the kind of person I'm preaching to."

Melbourne Outer East right next to mount dande

microsoft windows is a delivery system for advertising and a conduit for every crook on the internet to harvest your bank access codes - without it i would be out of a job

mac os is a designer brand for those who wish to make a fashion statement, can afford it and want a little more security than is available in windows -

linux is a secure network environment ideal for accessing the internet, runs on low spec hardware [depending on the distro used] it is also COST FREE

ulimate security is still afforded by unix

there are many os choices out there - the two main ones being used, MAC os and all Windows variants are toys which are being developed and tested on us the users -

eg even after years of production and development, windows xp is still being patched and upgraded
    ray c
    dunno what's more fun, buyin' the tools or usin' em'

old_picker,

It's all software. It will only ever be finished when no-one wants to use it anymore. I'd be more concerned about Windows XP if it wasn't being patched and upgraded.

woodbe.

woodbe, do we work together???

My work phone is a piece-of-excrement iMate K-Jam. I think the K is for KY-Jelly, which they forget to use before it gets jammed somewhere indelicate.

I can't stand these geeky big phones, and I'm desperately looking forward to the end of the year when I can order a replacement.

As for divorce, I'd have to decide which was the greatest financial loss ... wife or job!!

Did I mention that I hate my phone?