Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Mate it's more so because of habitat preference than anything. Yes, Red Bellies do include other snakes in their diet, but the biggest reason is because Red Bellies are predominantly a frog eater, so they tend to stick around water courses and swamps, whereas an Eastern Brown will eat whatever it can fit down it's mouth and is a lot hardier than a Black, so it occurs everywhere apart from dense rainforest.

I have a challenge for everyone...instead of freaking out next time you see a snake, just stand there and watch it. Not from a safety point of view, but just check out how amazing they are. They really are a beautiful family of animals. If you want, swing me a few photos and I'll tell you what species of snake it is - we have over 130 in Australia!

We saw a 5' Tiger across the road recently, and I was face to face with one in the bush last year. Both just went on their way.

Interesting read. So Dingo - how are you going to deal with your slithery friends?
    The only way to get rid of a [Domino] temptation is to yield to it. Oscar Wilde

.....so go4it people!

Mate seems they got bored with me and headed elsewhere maybe I talked them witless and they decided that the sanity of bein just a snake was better than listening to this curley haired wild eyed manic woodwhisperer and bolted!

Then again we did move the seatainer down behind the shed over the weekend so maybe they just buggared of under that? who knows but I havent seen them for a few days now so...

ALLS GOOD!!!

And yeah theyre cool lookin creatures if a tad cold and dead in the eyes looking... but I just cant abide the things
    Believe me there IS life beyond marriage!!! Relax breathe and smile learn to laugh again from the heart so it reaches the eyes!!

Default Someone say snakes??

Quote Originally Posted by echnidna View Post
    I remember the old man used to say snakes were attracted by a saucer of warm milk.
    Never tried it but if it works lace the milk with poison.

Mate, milk works a treat although it has to be full cream stuff and not that skim milk. Powdered milk is best to use 'cause ya can make it creamier.

Moonta Bay in the Copper Triangle, S. Australia

Woodyknot, Johnno says snakes do not drink milk (page 4) as it gives them the "runs", and we all know snakes don't have legs don't we?

Ive seen Stumpy Tailed lizards drink it up though.
    Buzza.

"All those who believe in psycho kinesis . . . raise my hand".

Quote Originally Posted by Buzza View Post
    Woodyknot, Johnno says snakes do not drink milk (page 4) as it gives them the "runs", and we all know snakes don't have legs don't we?

Ive seen Stumpy Tailed lizards drink it up though.

G'day Buzza,

Mate it depends on how many bottles of scotch one drinks b4 hand and particularly if one has eaten those "magic" shrooms by mistake.

S.L.Jackson.

"I am so sick to death of these M#th3R F*cki#G snakes, onthis M#th3R F*cki#g Plane. (Snakes on a Plane)

Wild Dingo

I want these M#th3ER F*cki#G snakes out of my shed.

(Yet to be released movie - Snakes in a Shed)

Funny thing happened today.

A bloke from 'Snake Away' called at the door. Turns out he was at the wrong house, but he did drop that he could spray around the place to deter snakes. Wonder what they use?

woodbe.

Nothing that would be effective, that's for sure. The only thing that is effective at deterring snakes is not giving them anywhere to hide, and eliminating the food source.

Or lots of vibrations...

Might as well get my two bob's worth in.
    The area round here (on the Atherton Tablelands) is noted for Taipans. A couple of weekends ago, a neighbour found a taipan in the house. The woman is a panic merchant for a start and reckons that this taipan chased her round the house. She was screaming and crying fit to bust. Eventually the taipan holed up under a kitchen bench and after even more eventually a wildlife bloke took it away. Two days later, the house was on the market (not sold yet).
    I know that Taipans have a reputation for being aggresive buggers, but I reckon it was simply looking for a way out and the woman happened to be running in front of it in the direction it thought of as "out".

After being bitten some four years ago, I have a healthy respect for snakes and work on the principal of " you leave me alone and I'll leave you alone, just bugger off."

Bill