Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  2
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

[QUOTE=damian;1368018]
    If that doesn't work I've got a fairly rare motorcycle so guzzis3 is the next option. If all else fails I expand that to motoguzzi750S3, fortunately only had to use that once or twice. There were about 930 S3's built and I probably know half the owners in the world so...

QUOTE]

Wow!

The last motorcycle I owned was a moto Guzzi 750S3.

I sold it in 1980.

Regards
    Paul
    Bushmiller;

"Power tends to corrupt. Absolute power corrupts, absolutely!"

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwould View Post
    My username came to me when I discovered that turds wouldn't take a good polish but wood would.
    I wasn't quite sure if this was an artesan's observation or a social comment.

Regards
    Paul
    Bushmiller;

OK. Deep breath...

At least one rascal on the forums has alluded to my moniker as originating from a combination of hairdresser and body waxer and that I may have emigrated from the largest country in South America. Fortunately, he made this derogatory remark in a confidential email during the Colt Group Buy discussions so only FF and I know about this exchange.

Just as an aside, did you know that the aforementioned South American country, which also contains the largest river in the world, is bigger than Australia: Bigger by quite a bit too?

"Bushmiller" comes from the time when I ran a portable sawmilling business. I had two saws and the bandsaw was a "Bushmill" made by John Laidlaw.

There.. all quite wholesome and above board (Pun, sorry.)

Regards
    Paul
    Bushmiller;

Well I certainly misconstrued Bushmiller - I thought it meant someone who drinks Bushmill's (a brand of whisky - possibly Irish?)

As for mine......

Labr@ is pronounced Labrat (I had to use the alternative spelling because the “proper” one was taken)

The reason I chose it is one of the following, see if you can guess which:

a) I am a small, pointy nosed individual who likes doing mazes and has a penchant for sharp cheeses.

b) I worked in an industrial laboratory for 25 years, where I was conditioned to respond to a buzzer by rushing out through a door, collecting a sample and returning to the lab. The positive reinforcement was a pay packet once a week, the negative was being shouted at for stopping production.

c) I’m a brat from Los Angeles.

If you guessed A then you did well!

Although not as well as if you had chosen B, which is the correct answer - but A is pretty close

Oh, and C is right out!
    Cheers, Bob the labrat

Measure once and.... the phone rings!

Quote Originally Posted by labr@ View Post
    Well I certainly misconstrued Bushmiller - I thought it meant someone who drinks Bushmill's (a brand of whisky - possibly Irish?)

As for mine......

Labr@ is pronounced Labrat (I had to use the alternative spelling because the “proper” one was taken)

The reason I chose it is one of the following, see if you can guess which:

a) I am a small, pointy nosed individual who likes doing mazes and has a penchant for sharp cheeses.

b) I worked in an industrial laboratory for 25 years, where I was conditioned to respond to a buzzer by rushing out through a door, collecting a sample and returning to the lab. The positive reinforcement was a pay packet once a week, the negative was being shouted at for stopping production.

c) I’m a brat from Los Angeles.

If you guessed A then you did well!

Although not as well as if you had chosen B, which is the correct answer - but A is pretty close

Oh, and C is right out!
    Nicely put and an ingenious method of spelling. I am trying to decide whether George Bernard Shaw, who was a protagonist of phonetic spelling, would approve or disapprove.

You are right on the money with Bushmills being an irish whiskey, but it has nothing to do with me as I don't drink whiskey. However I am married to a woman who drinks it straight. Or is that.

Regards
    Paul
    Bushmiller;

I've had a heap of nicknames over the years and all of them have been bestowed by others. I have nick names for my children and only I use them.
    Twisted Tenon is the first nick name I have had that I have selected. It suits my warped sense of humour
    Learning to make big bits of wood smaller......

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmiller View Post
    "Bushmiller" comes from the time when I ran a portable sawmilling business. I had two saws and the bandsaw was a "Bushmill" made by John Laidlaw.

There.. all quite wholesome and above board (Pun, sorry.)
    To be honest I thought Bushmiller was a "miller of the bush". However, even that statement can be misconstrued. Brazilian anyone?. So to work out what you meant I Googled "Bushmiller" and came up with this: Ernie Bushmiller, American Cartoonist who authored the 'Nancy' comics. Anyone, who lives in Australia (at least) knows what a Nancy is. So sorry Bushy, I've plumbed the depths of wholesomeness and came up with a couple of different interpretations.
    -Scott

Quote Originally Posted by sjt View Post
    To be honest I thought Bushmiller was a "miller of the bush". However, even that statement can be misconstrued. Brazilian anyone?. So to work out what you meant I Googled "Bushmiller" and came up with this: Ernie Bushmiller, American Cartoonist who authored the 'Nancy' comics. Anyone, who lives in Australia (at least) knows what a Nancy is. So sorry Bushy, I've plumbed the depths of wholesomeness and came up with a couple of different interpretations.
    Oh dear! Looks like the macho image has just gone out the window. Back to the sensitive side trying desperately to win sympathy.

In "sjt" I couldn't help but notice how close 'j' is to 'h' on the keyboard and I wondered if there had been a typo with the 'i' left out so you didn't get **** each time you posted. Just my warped mind. Pay no attention

Regards
    Paul
    Bushmiller;

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmiller View Post
    In "sjt" I couldn't help but notice how close 'j' is to 'h' on the keyboard and I wondered if there had been a typo with the 'i' left out so you didn't get **** each time you posted. Just my warped mind. Pay no attention
    Regards
    Paul
    Wipe the last post
    Cheers,
    JIm

Quote Originally Posted by jimbur View Post
    Wipe the last post
    Cheers,
    JIm
    Touche (where's the damned accent when you want it) or is it douche?

Regards
    Paul
    Bushmiller;

*chuckle*
    -Scott

Went to a 60s/70s style New Years Eve party once. I dressed up in 70s gear with an afro wig. I quickly became named Afro Boy.

The name kind of stuck which is amusing because I have no hair, let alone an afro!

Originally thought that Master of the Universe not really a good forum name. So I ended up using Christos.

Pretty much the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by RedShirtGuy View Post
    A few of the folks here "got it" without explaination which always makes me chuffed.
    You mean there are people who don't get the red shirt reference????

Quote Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
    You mean there are people who don't get the red shirt reference????
    Yep

That's me. Not a sci-fi aficionardo. Besides which, when I watched James T Kirk was still in black and white!

I prefered William Shatner reborn as Denny Crane. A less plastic if not entirely wholesome character.

But....I do understand the reference now. Thanks to RedShirtGuy.

Regards
    Paul
    Bushmiller;