Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

View Poll Results: How do you feel about personalised number plates?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have personalised plates.

11 25.00%
  • Hate 'em! They're a blot on the landscape.

10 22.73%
  • Rat's ring option.

25 56.82%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Driver View Post
    What's interesting is that we've got a raft of rat's ringers (no surprise there! ) and a few who hate them. There's also a load of comment about different plates people have seen and a (mildly) interesting diversion on the subject of small French bermbs and farts.

BUT - the 7 blokes who have personalised plates still haven't said why they've got them.

Col the Continuing Curious
    I have personalised plates- just my initials and numbers. They were given to me as present. At least it makes it easy to remember my number plate when I check in to a motel and they seem to wan't my plate no on the registration.
    Terry B
    Armidale

The most ineffective workers will be systematically moved to the place where they can do the least damage - management.
    --The Dilbert Principle

Jeez mate, if you have trouble remembering your number plate, how do you get on with all those drugs and symptoms and all that doctor stuff?
    "I don't practice what I preach because I'm not the kind of person I'm preaching to."

Our personalized plates cost $15 long time ago and are in shmbo's name "LYN" and we have just transfered them with each car, I did notice however when I was last in a regestry office the cost of some of these new plates where you can pick the colour etc and it was huge and ongoing , you have to pay each year but if thats what rocks you boat and you can afford it then why not , I mean how many on this forum have bought a tool not because you needed it but because you wanted it and it sits on desplay in the shed and is the first thing you show visitors same thing realy
    Ashore

The trouble with life is there's no background music.

Quote Originally Posted by silentC View Post
    Jeez mate, if you have trouble remembering your number plate, how do you get on with all those drugs and symptoms and all that doctor stuff?
    There are important thing to remenber and less important things. Stupid numbers fit into the first category. The wifes mobile number also. Anniversaries must be in the second category.
    Terry B
    Armidale

The most ineffective workers will be systematically moved to the place where they can do the least damage - management.
    --The Dilbert Principle

Anniversaries must be in the second category

most definately
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

Anniversaries or Birthday?
    Visit my website at www.myFineWoodWork.com

Now that's an idea - you should be allowed, if you are a bloke, to get a plate that reads XX 1234 Y, where the XX are the wife's initials, 1234 is your wedding anniversary and Y is a random number or letter just thrown in to make sure there are 34 (O and 0 are too similar, as are I and 1) for each combination (in fact there are 68 because you can do the numbers daydaymonth month and month month day day). What a liberating innovation for blokes.......
    Cheers

Jeremy
    If it were done when 'tis done, then 'twere well it were done quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Wongo View Post
    Anniversaries or Birthday?
    Anniversaries only - you never forget the birthday, but anniversaries are tricky IMHO
    Cheers

Jeremy
    If it were done when 'tis done, then 'twere well it were done quickly

I would never have them. The pedestrians might work out who ran them over
    Cheers,

Howdya

Proudly supporting research into the therapeutic benefits of the Friday Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Howdya do that View Post
    I've always thought that the cars with personalised plates seem to stand out more in traffic. Personally, I prefer to remain as inconspicuous as possible.

well, i always forget my wifes bday (or otherwise i remember for a couple of seconds and then i forget again), and all of those things. it was her bday yesterday and i said i would take her out for tea, then forgot, so i got dim sims for tea.
    we are going away for a couple of days, so hopefully that will get me in the good books again, if i behave myself and do the things she wants to do i suppose.
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

The previous message is a forgery from swmbo
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

Quote Originally Posted by echnidna View Post
    well, i always forget my wifes bday (or otherwise i remember for a couple of seconds and then i forget again), and all of those things. it was her bday yesterday and i said i would take her out for tea, then forgot, so i got dim sims for tea.
    we are going away for a couple of days, so hopefully that will get me in the good books again, if i behave myself and do the things she wants to do i suppose.
    You better hide the credit cards. Retail therapy is often prescribed for wives whose hubbies have forgotten important events as punishment.
    Terry B
    Armidale

--The Dilbert Principle

You need a password on your screen saver
    "I don't practice what I preach because I'm not the kind of person I'm preaching to."

Quote Originally Posted by Ashore View Post
    but if thats what rocks you boat and you can afford it then why not , I mean how many on this forum have bought a tool not because you needed it but because you wanted it and it sits on desplay in the shed and is the first thing you show visitors same thing realy
    Quote Originally Posted by Howdya do that View Post
    You're taking 'em off the shed wall and mounting 'em on the vehicle?
    I may be weird, but I'm saving up to become eccentric.

- Andy Mc