Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Drop Bear Capital of Gippsland (Lang Lang) Vic Australia

Well go and get pregnant
    Stupidity kills. Absolute stupidity kills absolutely.

SilentC:

You're first post was an ostensible correction to my first post, which you admitted in a subsequent post was incomplete and did not correct all the mistakes of my punctuation.

I therefore assert that your first post contained punctuation errors and hence fails to qualify for the first error-free post in this thread.

It also contains the non-sentence "", which is therefore a grammatical error.

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them . . . well, I have others.

I not that the forum content statement has been updated, but still omits a possessive apostrophe, has a word capitalised, and has a full-stop instead of a question mark for the implied interrogative.

I therefore assert that your first post contained punctuation errors and hence fails to qualify for the first error-free post in this thread.
    Ah, but the errors were quoted verbatim. My only mistake was in not surrounding them in quotation marks and inserting [sic] in the appropriate places. The quote block formatting substitutes for quotation marks on this forum and the insertion of [sic] is an editorial convention, not a rule of grammar, so therefore, I'm the winner and nyah nyah to you.

You know I'm right.
    "I don't practice what I preach because I'm not the kind of person I'm preaching to."

Nice try, Silent, but as the pic shows, the errors were not quoted verbatim: you corrected my "your" to "you're", hence your correction was only partial, and contained uncorrected errrs.

And you didn't address the non-grammatical "".

OK, I give in. It's beer o'clock and the cricket is on.
    "I don't practice what I preach because I'm not the kind of person I'm preaching to."

Current score? Last I saw Australia were 2/60 - but that was about two hours ago.

Guess this thread has now been completely hijacked...
    Retired member

Quote Originally Posted by silentC
    OK, I give in. It's beer o'clock and the cricket is on.
    Sounds good to me. What'll you have?

Schooner of Old mate!!

avagoodweekend....

Folks,

There are moments when I worry about the sanity of members of this BB. However, as a member here myself, I have to agree that it's, eerm, where was I going with this? Help?

Bugger!

Ya well, no fine!