Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Am I an idiot ?

but if he sells them he will need them for something the following day, scrap wood is invaluable IMHO
    Mick

avantguardian

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Spencer View Post
    Can't believe the gaul of Slug Boy rings my wife and asked if he can have the contents of my scrap wood bin for his fathers fire .
    Nah, give him some scrap timber for the fire, but before you do coat it liberally with something noxious that when it burns it will render him sterile. Sometimes things should never have the chance to breed.
    I make things, I just take a long time.

www.brandhouse.net.au

Default Personal problems revisited

Interesting column on the weekend in the Courier Mail liftout QWeekend by columnist Kim Sweetman.

She indicated that the Internet is not the best place to get information on personal problems. She quoted an example of someone who sought opinions on an online parenting site and found some of the opinions were quite brutal ( sound familiar, Phil?).

She went on to say "most of these motherhood /parenting sites are a useful place to seek advice, but when they go bad, they can really go very bad. Imagine being personally attacked for the most banal of reasons on an issue that is important to you. Which makes you wonder why anyone shares their personal problems with strangers.".

Many people are left devastated after some of the opinions expressed, so be wary.

Thought you would be interested

regards,
    Jill

37 Deg, 52. 697' South 145 deg, 15.627' East. Elevation 78M

Quote Originally Posted by JillB View Post
    Interesting column on the weekend in the Courier Mail liftout QWeekend by columnist Kim Sweetman.

She indicated that the Internet is not the best place to get information on personal problems. She quoted an example of someone who sought opinions on an online parenting site and found some of the opinions were quite brutal ( sound familiar, Phil?).

She went on to say "most of these motherhood /parenting sites are a useful place to seek advice, but when they go bad, they can really go very bad. Imagine being personally attacked for the most banal of reasons on an issue that is important to you. Which makes you wonder why anyone shares their personal problems with strangers.".

Many people are left devastated after some of the opinions expressed, so be wary.

Thought you would be interested

regards,
    Jill
    What I got out off this thread Jill is despite what some of my friends have said to my face is that I really am not an idiot just a father who cares for and loves his daughter and that I am not the only one who feels this way.

To my face my friends only said what they thought sounded main stream and politically correct at the time BTW they don't have children. By talking through this thread there is an anonymity and usually there is more honest opinions and advice, granted there are a few ratbags but ususlly one can see through them.

I think that most of the members of this Forum are basically caring and honest with their opinions, and that is, I think because of a common interest that binds us all together
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I´m not so sure about the universe.