Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Hey, fantastic work - looks great and I'm sure you feel good about it. I'm starting a gazebo and thought it was a big job - but now I'm reassessing that! Thanks for taking the time to post your progress.
    Cheers,
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Rough Sawn View Post
    That is one of the nicest decks I have ever seen! You should be proud that's for sure!

Cheers Mate. I am pretty proud of the way it's looking now. It is easily the biggest job I have tackled, and hopefuly the biggest I will need to tackle for a while!

Quote Originally Posted by Chumley View Post
    Hey, fantastic work - looks great and I'm sure you feel good about it. I'm starting a gazebo and thought it was a big job - but now I'm reassessing that! Thanks for taking the time to post your progress.
    Cheers,
    Adam

Good luck with the Gazebo. Each job has it's own level of difficulty, I reckon. My deck is actually remarkably simple, just the dimensions are bigger. My biggest worry was the roof, but that was actually the easiest bit!

Make sure you post some pics of the Gazebo as it goes up!

Jayson.

Fantastic looking deck! I love the poles.

You've got me green with envy.

Great effort thanks for sharing this with us

I appreciate it

GMC

Quote Originally Posted by GMC View Post
    Great effort thanks for sharing this with us

I appreciate it

GMC

No worries!

I am slowly but surely getting in a few hours here and there, will post a few more pics in a week or so.

Ok, so I have been getting a few hours in here and there over the last month or so, and the deck is now child-proof!

I decided to only do the screening on one side of the deck, as it was too costly and was really going to close the deck down. I needed to put the screening on that side because it is too close to the neighbours house.

I am pretty happy with the results thus far, the screening is not quite finished, but hopefully it will be by the end of next weekend.

Cheers, enjoy the pics, I particularly like On Deck 1, it looks like our place is in the middle of a resort!

That looks great! Good job. That looks like alot of work....I've been monitoring your thread....Great job.
    I dont mean to criticise but one of them poles looks "not straight" like it has a bow in it..is that how the pole type beams are or is it just my eyesight?!

(Its the pole in the 3rd pic, the closest pole to the front of the photo if that makes sense!)

Quote Originally Posted by oohsam View Post
    That looks great! Good job. That looks like alot of work....I've been monitoring your thread....Great job.
    I dont mean to criticise but one of them poles looks "not straight" like it has a bow in it..is that how the pole type beams are or is it just my eyesight?!

(Its the pole in the 3rd pic, the closest pole to the front of the photo if that makes sense!)

Mate, those poles are all over the place... they were easily the biggest PITA of the whole job, adding at least a week to the construction time, I reckon.

The pole at the front does look pretty bowed in that photo, I have attached a more front-on pic, you can see it's not that bad!

Yes this is a kick ???? deck Jayson well done the posts really do look good I have had plans drawn up for something similar off the back of my house we are also on a two storey ouse and face west but iwas looking to use brick piers instead of the timber posts but i tell ya i am really starting to like the look of it what are the overall dimensions of the deck itself we are trying to incorporate underneath the deck as a carport if you dont mind me asking how much did it cost all up?

Quote Originally Posted by patty View Post
    Yes this is a kick ???? deck Jayson well done the posts really do look good I have had plans drawn up for something similar off the back of my house we are also on a two storey ouse and face west but iwas looking to use brick piers instead of the timber posts but i tell ya i am really starting to like the look of it what are the overall dimensions of the deck itself we are trying to incorporate underneath the deck as a carport if you dont mind me asking how much did it cost all up?

Wow, Patty, you need to take a breath and use some commas or full-stops from time to time!!!

Thanks for the compliment, I reckon the posts look great too!

The overall dimension of the middle bit of decking is 5.5 metres by 6 metres. The 'wings' on either side are 3.5 by 2 metres.

I did 95% of the work myself, so the labour cost was a carton a week.

Roughly speaking, the deck will have cost me about $14,000 by the time it has finished. But I used Jarah decking, which added a fair bit to the cost. The Bush-poles were cheaper than pine, but pine are lighter and definately straighter, so you would save a lot of time.

Cheers

Jayson.

Well, well, well, three holes in the ground!

So I have just finished three months long service leave, and the house has changed pretty dramatically from when we bought it.

It is not quite finished yet, I need to finish off the ceiling downstairs, and then paint the interior, plus a few finishing jobs like putting some architrave arounf new windows etc.

All and all I am pretty happy with the way it has turned out. It is great to have a vision in your head, and see it slowly come to fruition!

Please enjoy the before and after pics, and ask any questions you might like too..

Cheers

Jayson.