Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Ivan and all,,Sorry to read so much sadness.All i can offer is to seek help NOW(i left it 7 years). Councelling is invaluable,so is consulting your gp.Now i am on medication,and councelling a couple times a year.Believe in yourself,dont bottle stuff up,get professional adviceand always feel good(hard to do,but achievable) PS go into shed with dog or trusted pet,talk to it ,they are good listeners,come out feeling better. Cheers Graham Vvet

Sooooo much has happened since that post of mine. Unfortunately the parents have not bounced back at all, the siblings are arguing over who gets the superannuation($80K) which is really gross. I think that I have come out of a mild depressive episode too.

Ivan - do have a read of this website. The sleep deprivation theory of theirs makes sense, and the training on not thinking 'black and white' can help everyone. Talk to people - anyone. Don't let it rule you mate.

http://www.clinical-depression.co.uk...tion/signs.htm
    The only way to get rid of a [Domino] temptation is to yield to it. Oscar Wilde

.....so go4it people!

Jeff,
    What will you do when you run out of things to do?
    Depression is an illness - its real and treatable, but I'm not too sure if it goes away if you avoid it???
    :confused:

What else have you been doing - just getting stuck into the renno's?
    Cheers,
    Clinton

"Use your third eye" - Watson

http://www.flickr.com/photos/clinton_findlay/

Hi

That was an interesting link tassiekiwi.

After reading it a couple of things came to mind.

The first is to get a proper, thorough and detailed diagnosis. Not all depressive episodes will respond to the same treatment.

And the second is to put the effort into getting well.

I have two loved ones with depression. One will try anything to get better, the other will try something for a few days and if there are any side effects stops instantly.

Not hard to guess which one is healthier.

cheers

dazzler

G'Day All,
    seem's that we all a susceptable to the blue's (in some cases blacks), I like Jeff keep myself busy around the house, garden and shed. There is real sound advise in these posts e.g.
    • Seek medical advise.
    • Keep busy, but don't burn yourself out, take some time out.
    • Definitely get a dog, fantastic companions (you never feel alone when the house is empty).
    • Take the medication even if you have side effects, you will get past them when it is fully in your system.
    • Go out for lunch with the wife, she'll love it, and it will do you good.
    • Take it easy on the grog.
    The last one I found out the hard way, in that I was drinking less and less as I felt sick each time I had a drink, now I don't drink at all and don't really miss it. There are lot's of people to talk to here, or I am sure if you didn't want to be that open P.M. one of us. Be positive and look ahead, it get's better, I still have days where I don't give a shyte, tommorow is another day.
    savage(Eric)

Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Default Next in line

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan in Oz View Post
    Life's a Bitch, then she takes it ALL;
    including the Kids:mad:
    I haven't posted for about a year because I became drepressed. Now a year later, I take the kids to my family for xmas while she goes to rehab for glug glug difficulties and I return to find that we are to separate.
    She is so utterly confused and suggestible.
    Have just written my life story,but you dont want to hear about my erroneous past.
    She is getting herself back on track tho I have slipped a bit lately but we had the chance for something great this year.
    I had xanax (tranquiliser) and a repeat at home but burned the repeat, now I just have my counselor and kids (whom I haven't seen for 2 weeks)

This has led to some financial difficulty some I was wondering if anyone could give me (PM me) some advice on the worth and saleability of the below 100 odd year old planes
    Mick

avantguardian

Thumbs down Useless websites

I wonder if the all the broken "Help" links at beyondblue, and the total lack of "Mens Services" and "What's On" at mensline contribute to the problems of folk using them to seek help?

I know it felt like a kick in the teeth when I was sitting there clicking broken link after broken link. Add them to the list of people in the world who don't give a fark about me

Gingermick, might be worth starting another thread for advice on the planes.

Hope 2007 is a good year, fellas.

Cheers.....................Sean

The beatings will continue until morale improves.