Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  22
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Its a good job you have a Digital camera just think of all the film you would go through, I know because before digital cameras the wife and I went to Germany for 10 days cost a fortune on our return I had gone through 18 rolls of film.
    Last time I went up to London I was in St Thomas's Hospital opposite the Houses of Parliament.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesand View Post
    Thanks for the photos. Museums are definitely on our "to do" list for the 3 days we have in London before heading home mid June this year.
    I highly recommend the British and the Victoria & Albert museums, you'd be flat out seeing everything that's in both in say a day though depending on how absorbed you are in things. We've been told the London Natural museum is just as good too. Let me know if I can do any ground work here for anything you may be interested in and I'll try and help out.

Quote Originally Posted by Diggerdelaney View Post
    Its a good job you have a Digital camera just think of all the film you would go through, I know because before digital cameras the wife and I went to Germany for 10 days cost a fortune on our return I had gone through 18 rolls of film.
    Last time I went up to London I was in St Thomas's Hospital opposite the Houses of Parliament.
    Yeah I wouldn't think I'd be so Pappazzi if I had to pay for prints, we've taken over 700 hundred shots already Just have to remember to charge up overnight and off load on to dependable media x 2 for backup.

Ok, that's enough of dear old London for a while, in twelve hours we'll be in Marrakech where we'll start a wander around Morocco

Quote Originally Posted by springwater View Post
    Ok, that's enough of dear old London for a while, in twelve hours we'll be in Marrakech where we'll start a wander around Morocco
    Looking forward to pics from there!

Quote Originally Posted by springwater View Post
    I highly recommend the British and the Victoria & Albert museums, you'd be flat out seeing everything that's in both in say a day though depending on how absorbed you are in things. We've been told the London Natural museum is just as good too. Let me know if I can do any ground work here for anything you may be interested in and I'll try and help out.
    Thanks for your kind offer. My wife is well on the way with organising our itinerary so I think she has it covered. It is not our first time in London but just never been to the Museums.
    Enjoy the rest of your trip. Those 13 to 14 hour flights are a fair b****r and I don't look forward to them at all
    Tom

"It's good enough" is low aim

Quote Originally Posted by Big Shed View Post
    Looking forward to pics from there!
    Thanks Big Shed, The camera is charged up to the max but I'm not absolutely sure of wi-fi coverage at the mo, anyway we should be back here in about a week, that is if I can pull the camel up and don't end up in Algeria or somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Chesand View Post
    Thanks for your kind offer. My wife is well on the way with organising our itinerary so I think she has it covered. It is not our first time in London but just never been to the Museums.
    Enjoy the rest of your trip. Those 13 to 14 hour flights are a fair b****r and I don't look forward to them at all
    No worries Chesand, we'll be back in a week or so, if you think of anything in the meantime give me a yell.

Better go pack my Kaftans and get some sleep

Default Morocco

Touched down from a three and a half hour plane ride from London to Marrakech in the afternoon.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Prolly best to let the pictures tell the story, spice filled the air, predominately curry but also many others.

Marrakech is a maze of dazzlement, we found our way out (just) but only saw some of it really. If you go, be prepared to be harassed by the shop owners and to say no as politely as you can a lot.

Being bewildered by Marrakech mayhem for four days was enough.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

So we headed for Essaouira on the Atlantic coast.

If you ever need to raise your heart rate I suggest a white knuckle trip through the High Atlas mountains. Meeting a tourist bus coming the opposite way on a hairpin bend with a 3000' drop, on the wrong side of the road going around a Berber man driving a laden donkey in the snow was, well, interesting

I'm finding it difficult to manage the pics, so sorry the order doesn't follow the way we went about Morocco so I'll just throw them up ok.

We spent a lot of time travelling in a 4wd but it was worth it in the end.

Some interesting sights there, the goats in the tree

And it'd be a bugger if the boat you need to take out first is one of those closest to the dock
    Cheers

DJ

ADMIN