Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I've been wearing Redbacks for a few years now. Best boots I've ever owned. Onto my third pair. The pair I have on now is my second and they are about 5 years old. I wear them all weekend working around the house and have started wearing them during the week too now that I have the office in the shed. Have worn them on three day bushwalks too. The third pair are my 'street shoes'. The only other things I ever wear are my thongs.

The thing I like about them is they are confortable as soon as you put them on. Blunnies used to give me grief for a few weeks. I have big feet and they crease in the middle when you walk and push down on top of your foot.

someone should start a poll and list all the various brands

I bought a pair of Tuf elastic sided steel caps about 10 years ago from Trims in Adelaide (before they went all yuppie!). Have just gone thru the soles, don't know whether they are still available and whether they are still made in Australia. Wore them virtually every day for the last 6 years, can complain.

The best pair of boots I ever bought, were a pair of Shearers boots. No good for work, but they're great to wear out and are as comfortable as. I bought them in 1985, got them resoled in 1991 and still wear them to this day.

A bit like this, but they had a leather sole which wore out. I think they were Rossis as as well.

Cheers
    There was a young boy called Wyatt
    Who was awfully quiet
    And then one day
    He faded away
    Because he overused White

Floorsanding in Canberra and Albury.....

Quote Originally Posted by journeyman Mick View Post
    Les,
    $144! they're not cheap are they, but then how much are comfortable feet worth? Priceless by my reckoning, if I wear lesser footwear I am in agony by lunchtime. I get charged corporate rate on my boots, think I paid $115 for my last pair.

Mick
    Mick,
    do agree the price is worth it. Day long comfort when wearing the SB's. I even wear them to the office on occasion (IT job).
    Regards
    Les

Interesting - might explain what happened to a pair of near new boots I had - worn maybe once. Went to wear them recently as my previous pair (different brand) had finally succumbed, and I left huge chunks of 'rubber' as I walked down the hallway. By the time I got to the front door, the centre of both soles had been left behind

So I went out and bought a new cheap priced, quality feel pair of boots - the Redbacks as it turned out
    "Clear, Ease Springs"
    www.Stu's Shed.com

i'm on my 3rd pair of lace up blue steel, good comfy long lasting boot but i do have a pair of elastic sided blunnies that i wear around the farm quick and easy to slip on when the goats have got into the missus rose bushes

currently - Redbacks - very comfy and well made
    Previously
    - Blundstone (with the hard rubber sole) not bad, but fell appart after 5 years, which is to be expected....
    - Doc Martens - steel toe shoes, worn all day every day on site for a year. last forever, pretty comfy (but the steel toecap bites) look the coolest.
    - Doc Martens boots - very comfy, but wear them for a few years and PHEW - stench (my fault, not the boots)
    - Oliver - my soles disintergrated, too, but only after a long priod of non use. Soles too soft for site use, nail will go straight through...
    Young kids cancels shed time

I have a pair of black and a pair of brown RM's.
    Best boots you can buy.
    In fact, I got married in the black ones
    I had a brown pair when I was kid, re-soled a couple of times until I outgrew them, otherwise I would still be wearing them.
    The cheapest and best way to get them re-soled is to send them back to S.A. They used to pay the postage on this but I don't think they still do.

Unfortunately I can't wear them at work as our wowser Australian OH&S system says we have to wear steel caps.
    We also have to wear lace up steel caps at the site I am currently on.

I wore John Bull boots for about a year, then when I changed companies they gave me a pair of Olivers.
    I wore the Olivers for a couple of days until I could stand them no longer then switched back to the John Bulls, which are still going strong after a couple of years.

Quite a few of the guys I work with wear Macks and swear by them.

Cheers, Jack.
    "There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark."

Blundstone Company - we can only judge you by your actions and react accordingly.

I gave up on Blundstones for the same reasons as Silent C. I bought some Redbacks and they were comfortable from day one, unlike Blundstones which took weeks of pain to break in.

If you aren't going to buy Aussie at least buy from a company whose profits contribute to the country where they are manufactured.
    - Wood Borer

Ive bought 2 pairs of Blunnies per year for the last 30 years. (they wear out quickly when they get mortar on them.)

I wont be buying another pair.

Al

Al,
    try the Steel Blues "chemical galoshes". They're a tall lace up boot (not quite as tall as a rigger's boot). Nitrile rubber sole (as opposed to polyurethane) which is oil, fire and chemical resistant. The leather is silicone impregnated and it's stitched up with kevlar thread. A very tough boot (for a wussy brickie )

Mick

Edit: The nitrile ruber soles aren't quite as comfortable as the polyurethane, but they're still a comfortable boot
    "If you need a machine today and don't buy it,

tomorrow you will have paid for it and not have it."

- Henry Ford 1938

Quote Originally Posted by ozwinner View Post
    Ive bought 2 pairs of Blunnies per year for the last 30 years. (they wear out quickly when they get mortar on them.)

I wont be buying another pair.

Al

I always knew you Brickies were a clever lot I mean its only taken 60 pair of boots to work out their no good

Quote Originally Posted by silentC View Post
    The only other things I ever wear are my thongs.

The thing I like about them is they are confortable as soon as you put them on.

I find that wearing a thong is most uncomfortable. and the thought of someone in workboots and a thong is just too much.

Mind you my wife likes me in my tool belt.

What, are you a pom or something?