Quote Originally Posted by echnidna
    yer got it wrong midge you spelt BETTER , read the question again;

the correct answer is b.e.t.t.e.r.
    b.u.g.g.e.r.

P

it don't matter midge.

I got it wrong too :eek:

I said b.e.t.t.e.r.

and the correct answer really is b.e.t.t.e.r.
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

Quote Originally Posted by DanP
    Got 10,000 K's (just) out of the tyres on the 'SS' at work.
    &

..... I have done 100,000+ Kms .... I have done some hard driving in that time, in that car and on those tyres,.....
    Now let me see.... if you got 100,000+Kms out of tryes that you did 'some hard diving' on & '(just) 10,000K's out of the ones on the 'SS' at work'....

1. How hard were you diving the ''SS' at work'? :confused:
    2. How crap are(were) the tyres fitted to the ''SS' at work'? :confused:
    3. Did the boss know that you took the ''SS at work' to the burnt out comp at the speedway on Saturday night?

I guess you don't have an 'SS' at home.
    Cliff.
    If you find a post of mine that is missing a pic that you'd like to see, let me know & I'll see if I can find a copy.

Drop Bear Capital of Gippsland (Lang Lang) Vic Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Daddles
    three glasses of wine and I can't even spell whateverthatwordwasthatIwasthinkingaboutbutcan'tspellcozImpissed
    Obviously you hadn't had a single glass as you took the trouble to use upper case I's
    Cliff, I suspect the vehicle in question is a TMU hotrod, they frequently follow behind me when I'm towing so no one oncoming can see them.
    Stupidity kills. Absolute stupidity kills absolutely.

South Oz, the big smokey bit in the middle

Quote Originally Posted by Iain
    Obviously you hadn't had a single glass as you took the trouble to use upper case I's
    Sorry, but using a lower case i when the upper case I is called for is an anathma to one of my profession and thus, even as they lower me into the grave, I will still be hammering away on a keyboard and using upper case Is where appropriate

Cheers
    Richard

I've done some hard driving in my car. I've done some rediculous driving in the work car. 18" Rims on the SS at work and lots of trying to catch up to people doing 130 kmh when you're sitting still and they've got a head start of half a k.
    Is there anything easier done than said?
    - Stacky. The bottom pub, Cobram.

Admit it Dan. You only became a cop because you're a hoon and got sick of being booked

Richard

I'm not saying nuthing. But I've only got six points left.

Dan

I'm not saying nuthing. But I've only got six points left.

Dan
    So who's been a naughty boy then

IMHO the best saloon tyres are made by Firestone (NZ) and are called 'Firehawk 960' I think. I put'em on the Commodore and they made the Bridgestones seem like forklift tyres. About $450 for the set.
    The only way to get rid of a [Domino] temptation is to yield to it. Oscar Wilde

.....so go4it people!

Quote Originally Posted by Termite
    So who's been a naughty boy then
    Not that naughty. Six seperate fines, all less than 7 k's over. Don't get me started on greed cameras.

Dan

I knew a Baptist minister years ago. Quiet, old fashioned sort of guy. Well, one day he decided to buy a motorbike because he did a lot of travelling around the city visiting parishioners. He bought a sensible little 250. Got his licence. Served his time on his P's. Then bought a CX500. Then Kawakasaki brought out the GPZ900R. He bought one :eek: Six months later, he's in court, explaining to the magistrate that the bike was now his only form of transport and if they take his licence away he won't be able to do his pastoral duties. The magistrate gave him one point back and a stern talking to. That was BEFORE speed cameras. He sort of slowed down after that ...

His missus was your classic, lace collared, quietly traditional minister's wife. She wrote off a pair of boots one night coming back from Sydney. Fell asleep on the pillion seat, her foot slipped off the footpeg and rested on the muffler while they crossed the Hay Plain ... at 180 km/hr :eek:

But, his biggest hassle was visiting the parishoners. Because he was on the bike all the time, he bought a set of leathers. But everytime he visited someone, they gave him a cup of tea and biscuits. Soon he'd put on so much weight that the leather's only juuusssstttt fit ... sort of.

For some reason, the Reverend "what his name was" was known universally as Revs "what his name was".

Cheers
    Richard

I've done some hard driving in my car. I've done some rediculous driving in the work car. 18" Rims on the SS at work and lots of trying to catch up to people doing 130 kmh when you're sitting still and they've got a head start of half a k.
    Dan, you need to borrow me yoot, does it easy, not that Ive tried it of course because that is against the law.

Al

I've seen your yoot. It's a byooty. I'll keep the SS though. I'm not paying for the tyres

To DANP,

You didnt't catch me I did 9000kms @ 120k's per hour back earlier this year

The only time a cop pointed his radar gun at us the wife was driving, and she has a job to reach the accelerator pedal and we were hardly moving
    woody U.K.

"Common looking people are the best in the world: that is the reason the Lord makes so many of them." ~ Abraham Lincoln