Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Vermin problem

Quote Originally Posted by cultana View Post
    Didn't you throw the dog up there as well??
    No, I like a bit of company you know!
    I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you just read is not what I meant.

Regards, Woodwould.

I used the poison wax blocks from the big B. The active ingredient is Brodifacoum. As far as I know there is no resistance to it. There are also pellets and little sachets full of pellets. The sachets are good where there are other animals around.

To make it more attractive to the little buggers I add some peanut butter to the packet / block. They sniff it out from miles away. I learnt that from a pro pest controller. The placement of baits is important as well. Rats and mice run along walls by preference so sticking it out in a open space will not be as good as putting it next to a wall. The bin traps work well as does an inverted "t" section of PVC pipe with the bait dropped down the leg. I dont know of any other way that is really effective. Ultrasonics have been discredited. And if you dont get the corpses they smell while they are decomposing. But I dont know what else you can do if they are in the walls.

This year I added weather seals to the bottom of the doors, that seems to have worked so far. I agree with Martin about sealing off ingress.
    "We must never become callous. When we experience the conflicts ever more deeply we are living in truth. The quiet conscience is an invention of the devil." - Albert Schweizer

My blog. http://theupanddownblog.blogspot.com