Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Oohsam

Careful on the carbitool - the Zenith screws Utemad shows indicate a 3.0mm pilot hole. The carbitool I bought is 4.0mm which is probably too big. Check with your hardware store as there may be a 3mm version however.
    The label on my box of Macsim screws says 10 - 12G and those Zenith ones say 10 - 8G.

Good luck!

Ok point taken!
    Will go tonight/tomorrow morning and check out what I can get.

Hi All

For the 8-10G and 10G Macsim we use the Carbitool DCS 3.2

Don't know about 10-12G Macsim as my last mascsim deck screw box just went in the bin but i was sure they were straight 10G

cheers utemad

Hi oohsam,

I to will be laying the larger boards next weekend. Just wondering, what model makita impact driver did you end up with? Sounds like it was worth every cent

Will also be interested on how you go with the 10g macsim SS screws.
    At least daylight savings starts this weekend. it will give us a all another hour after work to get a few more boards down.

Cheers

Heya!
    I couldnt find the other screws..Bunnings didnt have them and my mitre 10 only had the 9G power fastner ones. I decided to stick with em.
    I got alot of boards down yesterday. Got more to go..was working from 6am till 10pm. Still not done. The wind is so strong today so not sure how much Ill get done.

The Powerfastner screws were just fine..only snapped about 10 of them so far..out of 500 so thats not bad..I just drilled them out and put another screw in its place..Sorta on an angle so it grapped the joist ok.

Makita Impact driver - 14.4v impact driver..its amazing. I couldnt have done the deck without it and its worth every cent. Be sure to buy a few bits, we've shattered a few.
    It comes with an extra battery so you always have one on charge! Nice.

http://www.makita.com.au/product.asp...tID=6935fdwae1

Quote Originally Posted by oohsam View Post
    Heya!

Makita Impact driver - 14.4v impact driver..its amazing. I couldnt have done the deck without it and its worth every cent. Be sure to buy a few bits, we've shattered a few.
    It comes with an extra battery so you always have one on charge! Nice.

http://www.makita.com.au/product.asp...tID=6935fdwae1

Second the impact driver we run a makita 14.4 and 18v and the 14.4 is prob 18mnths old now and still strong...Blach batteries work for longer but don't think you'll get them in aust we bought em on ebay which is cheaper..

If you already have a Makita 14.4v or 18v cordless drill you can buy the impact as a bare tool no batteries or charger off ebay new for under 200 bucks.... Same for dewalt if you have one of theres

cheers utemad

does any know where i can get a carbitool in perth or off the net i dont even know what they look like?

Try contacting them direct tomorrow and ask for names of retail outlets in your area.
    http://www.carbitool.com.au/

Or search ebay for carb-i-tool. I found plenty of router bits from one seller - contact them as they may have the drill/countersink too.

Quote Originally Posted by thesupervisor View Post
    does any know where i can get a carbitool in perth or off the net i dont even know what they look like?

Heres a pic of what your after ... Id contact them directly and get a stockist close by

DCS 3.2

Cheers utemad

I purchased a DCS 3.2 online at apworkshop.com.au
    They were out of stock last week but were expecting a shipment in store on Tuesday, when mine will be shipped. All up, with shipping ~$48.

Now...to find the best place to pick up a makita 14.4V impact driver..

Cheers

thanks heaps

Default Deckboards on

Hey guys
    After many long hours on Saturday, 6am till 10pm...and Sunday till 4pm, I was putting boards on. Luckily my mate came round and we got into a good process.
    Here are the update pics.
    Looks great. A few of my neighbours came round and said it looked amazing. They loved it.

Enjoy.
    I would have done more but I ran out of merbau....Off to bunnigns for more..

Hi oohsam

I know you prob said earlier but i am too lasy to go back and look... Whats bunnies charging you for the 6 inch merbau deck? Is it 32mm or 25mm thick??

They're doing the 4 inch for 4 bucks would be great if 6 inch was 6 bucks LoL

Cheers Utemad

bahahaha....ur a pissa..

Its 22mm thick!!
    140x22

Im gettin it for $5.22 a meter. They have it ticketed at $7.28 or something like that.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by oohsam View Post
    bahahaha....ur a pissa..

Its 22mm thick!!
    140x22

Im gettin it for $5.22 a meter. They have it ticketed at $7.28 or something like that.

Cheers.
    Thats a great price i don't fit too much 6 inch as its not cost effective ... I got a price to me for $8.20 inc gst the other day and i buy 4 inch sub 4 bucks all day every day

cheers utemad