Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Just as a matter of interest how do you attach the handles to the teapots
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

Quote Originally Posted by echnidna View Post
    Just as a matter of interest how do you attach the handles to the teapots
    I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you.

Oh all right. They have little dowels set in the end. On the basket shape you can see that it goes right through the side, but on the teapots the hole doesn't go right through of course. Might not end up with much tea in the cup. I saw some teapots with thin metal strap handles that just went into the tiniest dint. Mines a bit deeper and I have tested them with tugs o' war. Stay in real well. They spring quite tight onto the pot.
    anne-maria.
    T
    ea Lady

(White with none)
    Follow my little workshop/gallery on facebook. things of clay and wood.

clever
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

Thanks Tea Lady,
    Like you we have the most trouble getting to temp at that last 100, but with the Harco computer controllers if they can't reach the desired rate (ie 120*/hr) they simply shut down, beeping alarm, which is pretty frustrating. If the students asked a little less in the rate of climb they might actually squeeze it out, bugger the expense!
    Our older kilns all had cone sitters fitted, but I pulled them off when the Harco's arrived, so they're stashed in a shed. Now cones are used mostly to confirm the temp, and more for wood firing than gas or electric.
    We have one kick wheel that hasn't been turned for years, a big steel thing with a concrete flywheel, and another real Japanese timber one the lecturer owns, and occasionally uses. She trained in Japan, and keeps that influence strongly.
    Have you tried any of that Southern Ice porcelain clay from Tassie? Expensive little number!! We mostly buy locally now, from Kleinton Clay, who have started supply some of the "Mexican" companies.

Cheers,
    Andy Mac
    Change is inevitable, growth is optional.

That "Southern Ice Clay is actually from Melbourne." Made by Clayworks, relatively close by in Dandenonge. I think the Southern Ice name was supposed to refer to southern hemisphere because it was positioning itself in the market next to Leach and Limogue Porcelain from England and France. (Both these cost an arm and a leg. Southern Ice only costs a leg.) Tis beautiful stuff. Quite a lots of potters in these parts use it. There is a low fired version called Cool Ice which fires to cone 4ish. Is translucent and everything and also very nice, but also expensive. I have used it for small things like buttons and beads. Its too expensive to "production throw" with. I use another middle fire clay also made by Clayworks called "Middle Fire Quarz". I am not wanting translucency, only vitrified porcelain like clay.

So where do yu teach Andy?
    anne-maria.
    T
    ea Lady

(White with none)

Time for the pottery forum.

HH.
    Always look on the bright side...

Quote Originally Posted by tea lady View Post
    Thanks all for your comments though. Might bring some to turnfest if you want.
    Please do! Do you make chocolatepots as well?
    I may be weird, but I'm saving up to become eccentric.

- Andy Mc

Calm is offline Stubby Owner and proud of it. Now coming back to Earth.:D

Might bring some to turnfest if you want.
    If you fill them up you will be 's best freind for the day anyway
    regards

David

"Tell him he's dreamin."
    "How's the serenity" (from "The Castle")

Quote Originally Posted by Skew ChiDAMN!! View Post
    Please do! Do you make chocolatepots as well?
    Is that pots for chocolate? Or chocolate teapots? My son has been watching this video of kids cartoons with a reference to chocolate teapots. The scientific research seems to indicate that they chocolate teapots are useless. In fact they are the useless by which all other uselessness is measured.

If reference is to pots for chocolate, my research indicates that there is not enough time between opening of chocolate and its ingestion to warrant a special chocolate receptical.
    anne-maria.
    T
    ea Lady

(White with none)

The scientific research seems to indicate that they chocolate teapots are useless. In fact they are the useless by which all other uselessness is measured.
    You mean that my Harley's ashtray has become redundant?

If reference is to pots for chocolate, my research indicates that there is not enough time between opening of chocolate and its ingestion to warrant a special chocolate receptical.
    I can relate to that line of reasoning.
    I may be weird, but I'm saving up to become eccentric.

- Andy Mc

....my research indicates that there is not enough time between opening of chocolate and its ingestion to warrant a special chocolate receptical....
    We buy it in bulk, several flavours at once.
    We open several at a time & store it in very large glass jars. (old Pablo bottles) & that way we can have a bit(lot) of whatever we feel like.
    Cliff.
    If you find a post of mine that is missing a pic that you'd like to see, let me know & I'll see if I can find a copy.

I can't buy chocolate in bulk. No matter how much I buy Hubby eats it all. Then there's none. He doesn't buy any 'cause he eats it all. So I buy some .....and he eats it all. So I'm kinda skinny, and he's kinda embarrassed about wearing swimmers at the beach. I tell him that he doesn't have too eat it. But he says.......you know how it goes.
    anne-maria.
    T
    ea Lady

(White with none)

Thumbs up Pots

Good ones tl!!
    Often wondered what percentage of timeber is needed in on article for you to be really considered to be a woodworker!

lovely pots Tea lady. really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by artme View Post
    Good ones tl!!
    Often wondered what percentage of timeber is needed in on article for you to be really considered to be a woodworker!
    I've probably got a while before calling myself real woodworker. But I didn't use any nails or anything!! And no power tools. Did I mention no workshop. I'm like the meat pie of woodworkers. Called meat but not much actually in it.
    anne-maria.
    T
    ea Lady

(White with none)