Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Snake season

I normally dont worry about them but they are now entering the shed and I prefer my old dog to a snake in the shed.
    I have had to remove 5 browns in the last 4 weeks with the help of Mr Browning....smallest was 4 foot biggest 5'6" metric?? you do the math.
    I reckon seeing theres 25 acres I should at least have 1 acre snake free....they will learn or meet Mr Browning.
    Pete
    What this country needs are more unemployed politicians.
    Edward Langley, Artist (1928-1995)

Quote Originally Posted by bennylaird View Post
    Don't worry Muzz, won't be long before you lot have a good supply over there. People will smuggle some in and a few will hitch a ride in containers etc. Then you will be able to share. Just like the redbacks etc we are exporting
    No way Benny. Our border patrols will get them and turn them back. Entrance Verboten! Imagine having to think twice before you pick up an armful of dead leaves, branches.... No No No. Gonna migrate to Mars if that happens; learn the language, put together enough fuel and food.... light the blue paper.... off! UUUUrrggghhhhhhhhhh (again)

Quote Originally Posted by fxst View Post
    I normally dont worry about them but they are now entering the shed and I prefer my old dog to a snake in the shed.
    I have had to remove 5 browns in the last 4 weeks with the help of Mr Browning....smallest was 4 foot biggest 5'6" metric?? you do the math.
    I reckon seeing theres 25 acres I should at least have 1 acre snake free....they will learn or meet Mr Browning.
    Pete
    What are you going to do when they take away our guns Pete? Snakes be laughing from here to the back 40! Presumably they sit on the tractor seat where it is nice and warm and a good view too... My uncle told me a black mamba can do 30 Mph on the back 6" of its tail and take a man off a horse at full gallop. OK, I'll believe that. Urrgghhhhhhh (again & again) shivers..

Hey Muzz????? Don't ya like snakes????:confused: :confused: :confused:

Quote Originally Posted by MurrayD99 View Post
    What are you going to do when they take away our guns Pete? Snakes be laughing from here to the back 40! Presumably they sit on the tractor seat where it is nice and warm and a good view too... My uncle told me a black mamba can do 30 Mph on the back 6" of its tail and take a man off a horse at full gallop. OK, I'll believe that. Urrgghhhhhhh (again & again) shivers..
    twisted fencing wire is always at hand as well. If need be I can pick them up and bag em then take em elsewhere but for now Mr Browning will do.
    Shall I bag a couple and send em to Mars for you ??
    What this country needs are more unemployed politicians.
    Edward Langley, Artist (1928-1995)

Sssssssss! You wouldn't! Get out on Mars and find a big snake and his mates waiting for me... Where to after that - no more fuel, limited food and don't know any other languages..... Couldn't sleep because the snakes might come close.... Is that Hell?

Speaking of the old twisted fence wire - we have a modern version, a few lengths of 25mm poly water pipe [thick stuff with the blue stripe about 1.8m long] placed at various locations around the place. Great grip, easy to use, and works well. So far snakes = 0, humans = 4 - in the last 12 years or so.

However from September to February it is the smart move is to stay away from the eastern browns :mad::mad: with poly - very aggressive, raises head like a cobra, very fast [have dodged the falling poly pipe], easily recognised by the pinkish blotches on a cream belly - call for Uncle Winchester - he speaks [loudly] with authority .

I once witnessed my uncle walk up behind a king brown pick it up by the tail and crack it like a whip. All over in about five seconds. I was a 13 year old sitting on my horse mouth agape and think bloomin' idjit!!!!

Apparently he was known for his lack of respect for the slithering kind. He was called to evacuate many snakes around the town he lived near.

The man had a rather larger set than me I am not ashamed to say.

Pete
    If you are never in over your head how do you know how tall you are?

Quote Originally Posted by Doughboy View Post
    I once witnessed my uncle walk up behind a king brown pick it up by the tail and crack it like a whip. All over in about five seconds. He was called to evacuate many snakes around the town he lived near.

The man had a rather larger set than me I am not ashamed to say.

Pete
    OK, I'm going to make room for him in the rocket to Mars. Ha Ha... we done got a solution if the snakes are up there (is it up???:confused before us.

Hey Muzz, just posted you a pressie, it's a long box, open it carefully maaaattttttteee.

Quote Originally Posted by bennylaird View Post
    Hey Muzz, just posted you a pressie, it's a long box, open it carefully maaaattttttteee.

B'std! Don't suppose it is a harmless, friendly, cuddly variety.... :eek: I'll get Pamm1e to open it.

Yer crack it like a stockwhip y'say. Hold it by the head?:mad: UUrrghhhhhh!

But thanks.... yer thoughtful.... ..... 'n I know you got a busy day today....