Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Christos View Post
    Can not supply photos so it did not happen. The father in-law wanted to add more support to the bottom of one of the draws.

I helped.

Took apart a very small flat pallet and cut the piece to size, using a very thick pull saw of about 1 to 2 millimeter thick.

Just nailed the support piece to the bottom of the draw.

I am feeling better now. .

Another 7 days before I get the itch.
    You now have to ask where he got the saw from has to be a tool shop close buy.

Now thats getting in good with the FiL and MiL maybe Bai as well.

Yes must be some good quality hand made tools around somewhere surely. Chisels, saws, hamers, get onto it Christos you may be able to start importing some for us. So (from Japan Tool) has some of his friends and father pick things up and pack them off for him. Keep it in the family mate.
    Instagram: mark_aylward
    www.solidwoodfurniture.com.au

A good edge takes a little sweat!!

I thought that I would share this

Attachment 199686

More little oranges.

They did not last too long.

Being in China would these not be Manderin

Quote Originally Posted by wheelinround View Post
    Being in China would these not be Manderin
    There is park that I have been going to with the father in-law to exercise.. . This is just a short bike ride then I am going for a walkaround the park. It takes about 20 minutes to walk round so it is about 1km walk. Then the bike ride back, needed to as mainly just eating a lot more food.

There has been times the park is full with people and then there are times that you only get a few people. Will also say that kite flying has taken place in this park every time I have been there.

Taking a photo of a kite about 100 - 200meters in the air shows a spec in the sky. Will see if I can get a better photo.

And as mention there has been a person playing the Mandarin, where this can be heard from most if the park.

There is park that I have been going to with the father in-law to exercise.. . This is just a short bike ride then I am going for a walkaround the park. It takes about 20 minutes to walk round so it is about 1km walk. Then the bike ride back, needed to as mainly just eating a lot more food.

There has been times the park is full with people and then there are times that you only get a few people. Will also say that kite flying has taken place in this park every time I have been there.

Taking a photo of a kite about 100 - 200meters in the air shows a spec in the sky. Will see if I can get a better photo.

And as mention there has been a person playing the Mandarin, where this can be heard from most if the park.

How do you play a Madarin or is that Maderlin.

The kites are spy cameras Christos, they could be weather kites you know if they fly its windy, if not its still, if they get a shock its lightning.

Quote Originally Posted by wheelinround View Post
    How do you play a Madarin or is that Maderlin.
    Special talent.

Default Hello

Hi C, Sounds like you're enjoying your stay in China and with the in laws too. How's Bai? BTW, Linda G is trying to get hold of you urgently. She's overseas now (left today). Try to reach her via yahoo? RS was in the hospital for 2 days due to abdominal pains, but ok now. JS is having a bad case of ezcema. Other than that, we're all fine. More photos please but of you and Bai (if possible). Send my regards to your lovely wife ok! I think RS misses you. Please don't tell him I told you, ok. Take care. We all miss you! D

Welcome to the forum Samerad.

More photos will be posted when I get access to a computer that I can attach the camera to. At present I just using smart phone and iPad to browse web.

Welcome to the forum Samerad.

More photos will be posted when I get access to a computer that I can attach the camera to. At present I just using smart phone and iPad to browse web.

Never heard of a phone camera that won't take people photos just fruits

The camera on the phone is not as good as the one used with an actual digital camera.

There are more settings that I try on the digital to get a nice photo, that is at least clear.

I mention earlier in the thread that there is a park that I have been going to for some exercise and that there are persons kite flying.

The kite is about 1 meter wide and the length of the tail no idea.

Attachment 200903

It is about 150 meters in the air.

Tools lad tools show us the tools

It has been a while since I last posted here and I know that some are waiting for the tools to be posted. So far not gone to any hardware stores but soon is what I have been told.

I was in Beijing for two days to meet up with one of Bai friends on one day and the next to meet up with another one of her friends. We checked in to a hotel in Beijing and I was asked if I wanted to tag along to do some shoe shopping. I gave this thought the appropriate time to think before saying no.

I was left to my own devices to do what ever I wanted until they returned.

Just before lunch so what else am I going to do then have junkie type food. Not being able to converse in Chinese was going to be interesting but as you would expect I found a shop that does makes buns / bread. Easy as, because they had the display in Chinese and English.

So selected a couple for myself and two extra for the ladies return.

Now having at least 4 hours to fill I thought that I would take a walk around the block. I was warned by Bai not to take any public transport as it would be so easy to become lost. The hotel that we stayed in were actually part of a chain and that meant more then one in Beijing so no taxi either.

I went for a walk around the block to at least get my bearings. I wanted to actually walk to the Olympic site which was about five blocks away. But as instructed by Bai, do not go there it is further then what I thought.

So I started by going around one block which took over 30 minutes before I returned to the hotel. She was right.

So the major part of the hours were taken up by walking down one street and back then another direction and back.

I split this up a little to not loose everyones interest.

I returned to the hotel and just became couch potato as most men do when watching TV.

The problem for me is that there were no English stations or subtitles or sport channel . Did not matter I was lost to the world around me and time flew by.

Bai and her friend had returned to the hotel at around 4pm and we headed for dinner.

This particular restaurant was part of the back yard of one of the Chinese Dynasties. I am sorry not sure which one at the moment. We got there early and so I was allowed to take a few photos.

Attachment 201411
    Attachment 201413Attachment 201414
    Attachment 201415

This is our table
    Attachment 201412