Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Nemesis

Barry,
    Take a look at <http://www.ted.com/talks/dean_ornish_on_healing.html>
    Watch it two or three times, the good stuff goes by pretty quickly.
    Regards
    Joe

Well guys it's all over bar the shouting. Anyone that tells you it's not as bad as Heart By Pass surgery hasn't had both, The only difference is they don't cut any bones.

Much less dignity with the prostate but you soon get over that. A mature nurse said to me when I had to take a shower 'Drop your trousers!!! She then said I bet you don't get many offers like that.

I hope to get the results of the pathology tomorrow and that will determine in what direction I will be taking.

Whatever the results I will just forge on to get over it.

I watched that video in the post Joe put up and it makes a lot of sense. My daughter who has been in the health food industry for years as well as a very knowledgeable lady at the local health food store have recommended going on an alkaline diet which she gave me a printout of all the alkaline foods as well as the acid.

I have always had a positive attitude and do not know what depression is and really have a problem relating to it. I don't suffer from stress but I do know sometimes I cause it in others.

Great to hear the op is over and done with Barry. Your positive attitude will be a great help to you.
    You are now on the road to recovery and hope its all smooth going for you and you will be back in the harness before you know it.
    My fingers are crossed for tomorrows results and trust it will be all good news.
    Reality is no background music.
    Cheers John

Barry's back resting well I hope, Barry one of my mates had his removed around Christmas told no lifting after about a week or so he was feeling chipper moving about well and yep squatted down to lift something felt slight twinge thought nothing of it. His son walked into the shed to find blood on the floor (drips) and his dad pottering about. quick trip back to hospital a needle and thread to stitch him back together (torn stitches). He's well and back into full swing

Well guys I got out of hospital on Saturday and a got the results of the pathology. Prognosis is pretty good. The cancer escaped in two spots. One into the Seminal Vesicle which he removed and one in a tear in the bottom of the prostate. There was a flap in the tear and the cancer was under the flap but not on the outside of the flap and he also removed that. No cancer in the Lymph Nodes.

Today I went into day surgery to have the catheter removed. It is obvious that the person that designed the catheter and the leg bag has not worn it not even for a day and I had it in for over a week. Comfortable they are not.

I have a follow up with the Urologist in eight week to get the results of my next PSA test and hopefully that will be at zero.

Other than that I am taking it easy for a few weeks but fortunately although it is a bit uncomfortable peeing I am not getting any leakage so from now on I hope to power on.

Yay!!! Onward and upward from here on in. Good Luck for the future.

Robert
    Check my facebook:rhbtimber

Nice to hear Barry

Fingers crossed.
    Cliff.
    If you find a post of mine that is missing a pic that you'd like to see, let me know & I'll see if I can find a copy.

That is all good news
    Tom

"It's good enough" is low aim

Good news all round. Oh yes, the catheter. I belive the guy that invented it worked for the Spanish Inquisition.
    Michael

Wood Butcher

Pleased to hear the news Barry. We all have our fingers crossed for you.
    Reality is no background music.
    Cheers John

Quote Originally Posted by Barry_White View Post
    It is obvious that the person that designed the catheter and the leg bag has not worn it not even for a day and I had it in for over a week. Comfortable they are not.
    I had mine in for two weeks, wasn't too bad once you got used to it but you had to let it all hang freely.

The fun part was having it taken out, one nurse instructed a new one with another watching as well. Bit like having a party but unable to join in.

Peter.

Just found this Barry. Glad to hear things are progressing in the right direction. Hope that this continues.
    Bob

"If a man is after money, he's money mad; if he keeps it, he's a capitalist; if he spends it, he's a playboy; if he doesn't get it, he's a never-do-well; if he doesn't try to get it, he lacks ambition. If he gets it without working for it; he's a parasite; and if he accumulates it after a life time of hard work, people call him a fool who never got anything out of life."
    - Vic Oliver

Smile

Was pleased to see the prognosis ws positive Barry!

How are things at present?

Quote Originally Posted by artme View Post
    Was pleased to see the prognosis ws positive Barry!

How are things at present?
    Hi Artme thanks for asking.

I'm still taking it easy but progressing ok although the other night as I was going to bed I had a sneeze coming on and as my wife was asleep I didn't want to wake her I stifled the sneeze and I must have pulled a muscle across where I had the operation and has been tender the last few days.

I go back to the Urologist on the 11th May and have a PSA test the week before so if all things are progressing ok it should be a zero reading.

My wife watches me like a hawk making sure I don't do any heavy lifting so I just do as I'm told.

I'm still wearing those terrible white stockings to bed of a night as the Urologists instructions for six weeks after the operation. They sure make my toes sore with the pressure mixed with the diabetes.

Like I say if I live long enough I'll get over everything.