Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I just looked back at the start of this thread and saw that aussie280 started it. I wonder if he has had any luck with a purchase yet.
    Seems like we may have hijacked it on him.
    Dallas

Default Re: Are all Chinese made table saws rubbish ie SB-12

Quote Originally Posted by Treecycle View Post
    I just looked back at the start of this thread and saw that aussie280 started it. I wonder if he has had any luck with a purchase yet.
    Seems like we may have hijacked it on him.
    You are right Treecycle. My apologies aussie280 and to the others following the original post.

Quote Originally Posted by metester View Post
    I see Freud make a few thin kerf blades, with kerf 2.3mm and body 1.8mm. I think a 2mm riving knife might be ok. What do you guys think?

I know I have seen 2mm steel sheets at Bunnings for around $20. I'm not sure it would be as rigid as a saw blade body but they would probably be easier to work with.
    I have the 12m10a from trade tools which is identical.

I use a 10" thin kerf Freud, a couple of home made zero clearance inserts and a second hand incra ls32 as I was dissatisfied with the bessey fence. The fence was OK, but I was ultimately unhappy with the tap tap alignment routine.

Also purchased was a mounted micrometer to do alignment and a magnetic angle Measurer for the blade. It is now less than a thou out and is exactly 90 deg at the blade.

Polished the table top, took off the silly router mount and added my own router base using two chunks of melamine, plenty of time and a few curses. I now have a nice big saw table that is still (just) movable. A dust deputy and a length of 50mm hose completes the picture.

I love it. I have made quite a few boxes and quite a number of projects. It is very predictable and hasn't tried to bite me once, even though I don't use a riving knife. I do have two models of the MJ Kerf system, but haven't put them on yet.

The same as you, I found the riving knife and blade guard a real pain in the ####.

Any photos of your saw setup?

Default Re: Are all Chinese made table saws rubbish ie SB-12

Quote Originally Posted by Evanism View Post
    I have the 12m10a from trade tools which is identical.

I use a 10" thin kerf Freud, a couple of home made zero clearance inserts and a second hand incra ls32 as I was dissatisfied with the bessey fence. The fence was OK, but I was ultimately unhappy with the tap tap alignment routine.

Also purchased was a mounted micrometer to do alignment and a magnetic angle Measurer for the blade. It is now less than a thou out and is exactly 90 deg at the blade.

Polished the table top, took off the silly router mount and added my own router base using two chunks of melamine, plenty of time and a few curses. I now have a nice big saw table that is still (just) movable. A dust deputy and a length of 50mm hose completes the picture.

I love it. I have made quite a few boxes and quite a number of projects. It is very predictable and hasn't tried to bite me once, even though I don't use a riving knife. I do have two models of the MJ Kerf system, but haven't put them on yet.

The same as you, I found the riving knife and blade guard a real pain in the ####.
    Sounds like a great setup. +1 for photos from me too.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk HD