Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Dad still has fond memories of Blue Hills. We used to listen to Dad and Dave when I was a young fella working in the factory, but that might have been a modern remake. The other show was The Boys from Benalla.
    "I don't practice what I preach because I'm not the kind of person I'm preaching to."

I see Steve Vizard has a new show in Melbourne at the moment..Doesn't seem that funny.

The character he plays has got a very poor memory.

South Oz, the big smokey bit in the middle

Quote Originally Posted by Bleedin Thumb View Post
    I see Steve Vizard has a new show in Melbourne at the moment..Doesn't seem that funny.

The character he plays has got a very poor memory.
    That the show that comes on at 6 o'clock? Hosted by a dolly bird? Funny, old Steve is only on for a few minutes, then they start talking about car crashes and wars.

Richard

What, he's not become a newsreader has he?
    "I don't practice what I preach because I'm not the kind of person I'm preaching to."

South Oz, the big smokey bit in the middle

No, the silly bugger IS the news. It appears they've caught him behaving like all the other businessmen, but not well enough to hide it.

Richard

Ah! Well, I never watch the news. It's like a soap opera, you can miss it for weeks or even months and then when you finally do watch it, it's the same actors and the same plot every time.

Daughter works for a company where Mr. V. was a director. When the merde hit the aerator and he quit, the shares took off.
    Coincidence?
    Visit my website
    Website
    Facebook

Well, I suppose I'm riding against the wind again, but I like Dame Edna. Barry has a quick mind and a strong wit. What he plays on is the ability of comedians to speak a truth that can't normally be expressed; in much the same way as the court jesters in Shakespeare. Here is a cynical and scathing man pushing his opinions through the persona of the naively sexual middle aged woman, but only through innuendo. In this way he can walk that fine line between what it is socially acceptable and what is not. I think that he does it brilliantly.

Norman Gunston achieved the same thing, employing a brilliant and quick mind to express contentious issues "safely" through his strange character.

It's a funny ( ) thing, I actually find most of the Dame's comedy funny, it's just the overexposure of this character vs. Barry Humphries (when not in character) bagging of Oz that gets my goat.

Cheers................Sean

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Scooter,

I enjoyed the character a little bit until I saw this post and a picture of the Transvestite kissing Melbourne's big spender Mayor in yesterday's advertising guide punctuated with gossip (Herald Sun).

I now detest the character.
    - Wood Borer