Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by flynnsart View Post
    Come on now, leave him alone, hes gotta get my bluegum stacked and drying for my kitchen!

Donna
    It's OK, I cooled off the idea when he asked for money.

Carl a little lesson in all of this.

You have a mobile phone and usually these have cameras in them. When doing the job and when it is finished keep a record of the progress and how it was when finished.

When you get a complaint like this you can then print out the photos compare against what their complaint is then tell them it is not your fault and it will cost someone x amount of dollars extra to fix up someone elses muck up.

Do not discount for cash as it still takes you just as long to do the work and working for mates family can be a road to disaster as they are always looking for mates rates and if something goes wrong they ask how you could do this to your best mate.

Photos are also good as a referance for other people so you can show them what you have done and how the job could look like.
    Jim Carroll
    One Good Turn Deserves Another. CWS, Vicmarc, Robert Sorby, Woodcut, Tormek, Woodfast
    Are you a registered member? Why not? click here to register. It's free and only takes 37 seconds!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Carroll View Post
    Carl a little lesson in all of this.

You have a mobile phone and usually these have cameras in them. When doing the job and when it is finished keep a record of the progress and how it was when finished.

When you get a complaint like this you can then print out the photos compare against what their complaint is then tell them it is not your fault and it will cost someone x amount of dollars extra to fix up someone elses muck up.

Do not discount for cash as it still takes you just as long to do the work and working for mates family can be a road to disaster as they are always looking for mates rates and if something goes wrong they ask how you could do this to your best mate.

Photos are also good as a referance for other people so you can show them what you have done and how the job could look like.
    Good one Jim.
    I didn't learn that till later in life.Better off making it too dear for them, (Look -I am flat out -but if you really want me to do it ,it will cost***** and I cant start for 2 weeks) and then they get someone else to do their job.At least they are still mates
    Back To Car Building & All The Sawdust.