Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Christopha View Post
    the Grandmonsters are big enough to shower and I don't want the expense of buying a new tub, .

Christofa,
    Are these similar to Polterguests?

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Big Shed View Post

It seems that although people don't use the bath, they still want one!
    Exactly.
    Strange isn't it?

Baths suck.

Don't sit over the plug hole...ever....with the plug out....never....
    If you never made a mistake, you never made anything!

Craig, keep the bath! If you're planning on doing any laminating you can soak a few feet of wood in it to make it more bendable.

Seriously, exactly that question was asked on the ABC this afternoon (was that you?), and a real estate agent who personally hated baths said that by cutting out the bath, you cut out a large part of the market who want one, when selling the place.
    Visit my website
    Website
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by AlexS View Post
    Seriously, exactly that question was asked on the ABC this afternoon (was that you?),
    Nope not me.

We are going to put a bath in when we do the bathroom reno.
    I just find it strange that most people never use their baths but they can't buy a house without one. :confused:

When ya bin bustin a gut workin hard all day and all ya joints & muscles ache a good soak in a hot tub is marvellous.
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

Drop Bear Capital of Gippsland (Lang Lang) Vic Australia

Due to excessive water rates and the drought, we just use deodorant twice a day (pommy shower)
    Stupidity kills. Absolute stupidity kills absolutely.

To answer the original question, I haven't had a bath for six years. I prefer a shower. However, in 2000, we were living in Sydney in a rented "executive" home that had two enormous bathrooms - each equipped with a massive triangular spa bath.

We-e-ell, we had to give it a go, didn't we? So we filled the bugger up, turned on the jets, poured in the bath foam, grabbed the champagne and jumped in. Bewdy!

Except ..... overdid the bath foam a bit, didn't we, and - within minutes, we were totally enveloped in foam. So was the entire bathroom.

So there we were - on champagne and blinded by bubbles, staggering around the bathroom, laughing like a couple of maniacs. Incidentally, I am convinced that the effect on the body of being battered by jets of water while drinking champagne is to increase the drunkenness by at least one order of magnitude. I was incapable of walking downstairs. I had to slide down on me bum. Very undignified!

So, ever since being traumatised by a bathtub, I have assiduously avoided them and reverted to showers only.

Besides, I'm a Pom and it's a bit of a bugger having to shovel all the coal out every time someone wants a bath.
    Driver of the Forums
    Lord of the Manor of Upper Legover

Spa was used last night - it was raining and the tanks were overflowing: waste not want not.

Incidentally, I am convinced that the effect on the body of being battered by jets of water while drinking champagne is to increase the drunkenness by at least one order of magnitude.
    True

overdid the bath foam a bit, didn't we, and - within minutes, we were totally enveloped in foam. So was the entire bathroom.
    My mum did that at her brother's house. Spa jets and bath foam don't mix Already enough bubbles with the jets and the champagne.

Quote Originally Posted by silentC View Post
    Spa was used last night - it was raining and the tanks were overflowing:

What's that mean? Overflowing? Can't remember that?:confused: :confused: :confused:

When I added a second storey to my old place, all the bedrooms were upstairs but there wasn't enough room or money for a bath and shower in the upstairs ablution area, and with two young kids, something to hold water was needed. The problem was solved by putting in a 3' square bath with a shower screen around it (I hate shower curtains). A flat base so none of the usual problems fron having a shower rose over a conventional bath, and much less water to get the tide up to a reasonable level. When the kids decided to have a splash, close the screen door and forget about mopping the floor. The original bathroom downstairs was used for hand washing and for the occasional house guest kipping in the rumpus room.
    Cheers
    Graeme

I lived in a place in Annandale once, a big old terrace. There were three bathrooms and two kitchens. The upstairs bathroom was in a small room that was just big enough to swing a rat. It had a shower and a bath but the bath was what the owner called a Japanese plunge bath. It was about the size of a 44 gallon drum with a seat about halfway down. You filled it up and sat in it like you were sitting on a chair.

That was odd but by far the weirdest thing was the flotation chamber in the downstairs bathroom. It's like two huge baths, one upside down on top of the other. You half fill it with very salty water (so you float), climb in and shut the lid. Totally dark, totally quiet (except for the tinitis), and a very strange thing to do if you ask me. I tried it a couple of times but got bored very quickly.

Yeh I tried a floatation tank once expecting some out of body experience.
    Just ended up bored waiting for time to finish.
    Silent when you lived in Annandale (my old stomping ground) what was your local. I was known to frequent the Harold Park.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleedin Thumb View Post
    I was known to frequent the Harold Park.
    Which is a block of flats these days.

Yes that was a story of greed ... and a gay construction company that went bust.