Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

i agree that this is all to much
    he called me last night saying that the trailer will be delivered to courier today
    problem was he had it going to sunshine coast and i am in townsville
    i explained that come monday my family and i are living in a motel room until boxing day
    then we start our journey to Perth
    i honestly do not know what to do but keep calling him and hassel him as much as i can
    but i am in townsville and .... well we all know where he is

acmegridley Guest

Must be amember of the NRMA you know it pays to be long

Unbelievable

How is this bloke still in any sort of business?

I really feel for the stress and hassle that you blokes are going through - I won't even mention the expense. I'm impressed that you are not rolling over and giving up as it is certainly hard - go for it.

I guess that this post is simply to support you blokes and I hope sincerely that you can get it resolved in a timely manner without any further problems.

I'm sure if you were to read this as a writeup for a TV program that it would be as some bizarre comedy.

Regards,
    Bob

Does any one have Scotts last name???? It stars with M is all I know. He is going to ring me tonight, we will see.
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor
    Grafton

no i dont know... he seems to keep it a bit quiet.
    PS no news yet of todays visit. will let u all know asap

I think that the time has past,for being nice to this bloke! As I said earlier in this thread,I have noted on another three forums,how much trouble this bloke has caused,to others waiting for campers. Then when they have received their gear,it has been missing a lot of the stuff,that was ordered.
    I do hope that everyone gets their gear,but I feel that you will be disappointed in the end.

thanks for your support, its enough to make a mini series i reckon!!

hello... yes i agree.. ive heard it all since i have been on these sites since sat and it just doesnt get any better. I wish i had of done it sooner rather than later????
    Even if we have a win, win situation, i will still support others in their " AMAZING JOURNEY " and hasnt it been just that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pjsaurus View Post
    i agree that this is all to much
    he called me last night saying that the trailer will be delivered to courier today
    problem was he had it going to sunshine coast and i am in townsville
    i explained that come monday my family and i are living in a motel room until boxing day
    then we start our journey to Perth
    i honestly do not know what to do but keep calling him and hassel him as much as i can
    but i am in townsville and .... well we all know where he is

We live on the Sunshine Coast, so if it is coming here maybe we can ick it up for you and forward iton to you or something along those lines. But we were told that our trailers went to Sydney and I rang the trucking compnay and they said there were no trailers sent to Sydney, so it may be another lie. My suggestion is to get a CON NOTE number off him and then ring the truckin company to see if he is telling the truth. The last I heard was that he pwed money to his previous Transport Company and they shut his account..
    Anyway any questions feel free to contact me.. GOOD LUCK and just keep persisting, my theory is that he gives the trailers to the most annoying to get them off his back

A netregistry search on his website details shows the following. Thanks to Phil of campertrailers.org for the info.

Registrant

MACKINNON, SCOTT DOUGLAS

Eligibility Type

Sole Trader

Eligibility ID

ABN 82236553830

Registrant Contact ID

INJA1017

Registrant Contact Name

Jai Innes

Registrant Contact Email

[email protected]

Tech Contact ID

C0573762-AR

Tech Contact Name

Dominic Main

Tech Contact Email

[email protected]

Name Server

ns1.auweb.net.au :whoisQuery('HOST%20ns1.auweb.net.au');>

Name Server IP

Name Server

ns2.auweb.net.au :whoisQuery('HOST%20ns2.auweb.net.au');>

Name Server IP

Name Server

ns3.auweb.net.au :whoisQuery('HOST%20ns3.auweb.net.au');>

Name Server IP

-------------
    Don't confuse them with Southern Cross at Bayswater.
    Cheers, Ern

in all honesty i am at a loss on what to do
    i have lodged a cliam through Pay Pal and in fact seeing as he has already withdrawn the money how do i get it back??
    next step seeing as it was through a CC will try my bank to claim it back
    i am open for any advice or help
    will keep an eye on this forum
    cheers

I once successfully used the Paypal/ebay claim process to get a refund on goods not supplied, but it took months.

You might also consider the Qld Small Claims Tribunal or maybe better would be the Vic version: click Those will take time too and are a last resort when direct negotiations have failed.

Good luck
    Cheers, Ern

Quote Originally Posted by pjsaurus View Post
    in all honesty i am at a loss on what to do
    i have lodged a cliam through Pay Pal and in fact seeing as he has already withdrawn the money how do i get it back??
    next step seeing as it was through a CC will try my bank to claim it back
    i am open for any advice or help
    will keep an eye on this forum
    cheers

I know it becomes heart breaking, have been in your situation, but really just keep persisting and also start going through the channels to try and reclaim your money back. I rang him constantly 3 times a day till he answered his phone and asked so many questins in the end I think we got our trailer just so he could shut me up.

I spoke to Scott last night and he apoligised to me for all th lies he told me and I just said "Sorry but everything that comes out of your mouth is just ########, it is a little late for apoligies and you need to start making things right for all the other people out there as you have caused alot of ####" Basically I would not believe a word that comes out of his mouth, he is a compulsive liar so just keep persisting and hopefully it will pay off in the long run..

TO ALL:

Hubby visited workshop this morning to check on trailer. It all looks good but we dont have the extra annexe we paid for and the solar panel is not on it. Scott has promised ( yeah i know wot u thinking ) that he will forward them onto us at a later date..this will be enforced by our friend down there who will constantly be checking in on him until that promise has been kept.
    My husband is presently on his way back home with truck drivers name and number etc, consignment note, vin numbers etc for rego, and our trailer will be getting loaded this afternoon at 5pm, in the prescence of our friend to make double sure this happens.
    Hubby thought it better to take trailer as it is, without the other two things i mentioned, rather than wait any longer to have NOTHING AT ALL....im also happy with that decision.

Hubby has noticed that other trailers have been sent and gone from workshop and mentioned that one may have left yesterday for townsville, i think, but dont quote me for sure, that the truck driver mentioned this to him.

Will post a further update later, but in all honesty, if any of you are in a position to front scott face to face, and what better way, DO IT !!!! At this stage it has paid off for us, but not without further expense and total STRESS, I see it as the only way you may get a result. My husband described scott as a little "SQUID" , with sh-t for brains to match !!! Cheers everyone

Good advice.

And should anyone reading all this start to wonder about what firm to deal with, there are some good forums to seek advice:

welcome to campertrailers.org website home to Australian off road camper trailers since 2001
    Forum @ ExplorOz
    MySwag.org The Off-road Camper Trailer Forum - Index

Some folk have been happy with their Chinese-made trailer top tents, or tents and Chinese-made trailer components.

In Jan I bought an ex-rental by Johnno's made in Qld. Very good condition and a good mark-down on new. Franchises around the country. Not cheap but then it's v. solid and copes well with Aussie dirt roads.

No connection etc.
    Cheers, Ern