Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I am becoming very concerned about the misinformation and lies that are currently circulating about Victorias Drop Bears.
    It is a well known fact that any water barrier stops them from migrating, and up to the occurrence of the recent bush fires they happily confined their activities to aforrested areas south of the Murray river.
    The lowering of the level of the above mentioned river, and the destruction by fire of their habitat have allowed a few of these indigenous animals to cross into the southern areas of NSW.
    However inhabitants of that state and those who live further north should not be unduly concerned. If these animals are allowed to pursue their activities with no interference they will quite happily go about their business and eventually die of intellectual starvation , or return to their original, and much preferred habitat, south of the Murray.
    If you are lucky/unlucky enough to come across one going about it's natural business please leave it well alone, and it will not attack you. Remember the Drop Bear Is far more afraid of you than you are of it.
    This announcement from the Victorian Society for the Protection of Drop Bears(or VSPDB's)

For those who reside in Qld, It is believed, but not proven, that fire ants are regarded as a particularly tasty morsel by Drop Bears.
    Jack the Lad.

Quote Originally Posted by coastie View Post
    You blokes been watching too many Tooheys ads or is that Bundy?
    Ditto.

Stick with 42 Below.
    They tell it straight. No BS

Quote Originally Posted by Shedhand View Post
    This you Bob?

Nope Sheddy. Not me. Never heard of 'em. I think I pretty much lost track of musical groups after the BeeGees and the Eagles. But I did get a Chrissey Pressie of the Eagles Melbourne Concert CD.
    Cheers,

Bob

Drop Bear Capital of Gippsland (Lang Lang) Vic Australia

Quote Originally Posted by JackoH View Post
    This announcement from the Victorian Society for the Protection of Drop Bears(or VSPDB's)
    I am a member of the Clay Pigeon Preservation Society and have never heard of this one
    Stupidity kills. Absolute stupidity kills absolutely.

Iain.I resigned from the CPPS many years ago after discovering that no matter how you cooked them they still had an horrible muddy taste
    By the way have they recovered from the decimation of the Commonwealth Games?
    Jack the Lad.

Drop Bear Capital of Gippsland (Lang Lang) Vic Australia

no matter how you cooked them they still had an horrible muddy taste
    You have to soak them in red wine first, with the said pigeon sealed in a plastic bag, after 10 minutes you decant the marinade and enjoy
    Stupidity kills. Absolute stupidity kills absolutely.

My sources at ASIO have mentioned to me that this organisation is a front for the DBLA. The Drop Bear Liberation Army. Beware of people like Jack, they will lure to with guile and cunning to a position directly under a tree and the DB lurking therein.

Agent 86/99, so I swing, shoot me.

DBLA...shove off!!!
    Whatever have they done for the drop bears?
    Now take the Peoples Popular Front for the Liberation of Drop Bears...they sure know how to stick it to the man!
    Regards
    Jeff

Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.
    Mark Twain

Iain.I resigned from the CPPS many years ago after discovering that no matter how you cooked them they still had an horrible muddy taste
    By the way have they recovered from the decimation of the Commonwealth Games?
    You were a member of our society and you were eating them. You're probably one of those who goes around shooting them, and you'd have deserved a dishonourable discharge if you hadn't resigned first.

Sounds like a chapter of

The Wood Ducks Association

is going to formed here soon.

Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

Maybe someone can help....Desperately seeking a wood duck caller? Google cant help and ebay is sold out. Does the US version of the Wood Chuck caller work?
    Regards
    Jeff

Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.
    Mark Twain

Naa it dont work on wood ducks,

but it really attracts the Drop Bears
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

Are Wood ducks best served with quackers and a McWilliams Teal dry Sherry? And is it best to sand or file the feathers off?

Every Sporting Shooter knows that Wood ducks and Clay pigeons go together like peaches and cream: You can't have one without the other!
    And the drink- "Famous Grouse" of course
    Jack the Lad.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Childress View Post
    Or perhaps you are. But in any event, the U.S. have rescinded the air strike order and have now requested Seppo tourists who spot Drop Bears to complete the triplicate Drop Bear Form (Form 52/90/78/11) and file it with the U. S. Consulate who have requested that a pair of Drop Bears (one male and one of indeterminate sex) be exported to the U. S. Southwestern states to help control our Jackalope population. Jackalopes, which are as swift as antelopes and as randy as jackrabbits, have overrun large parts of our southwestern desert. It appears the Drop Bears can be a real help in bringing this ecological disaster under control. We appreciate the reciprocal cooperation between our governments.
    I am reliably informed that this post is a hoax. There are no trees in jackalope country so this is obviously wrong.

There is however a glimmer of hope for those suffering from infestation of jackalopes.
    Hoop snakes have recently been redicovered in some US states (or was it a horn snake).
    From wikipedia...Several sightings of the hoop snake have been alleged along the Minnesota-Wisconsin border in the St. Croix River valley