Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Queues in shops

Quote Originally Posted by Iain
    And how thick is the bacon???
    English.... bacon.... they do know what that is....
    It's the prosciutto that has them stumped, they think it is some kind of cold meat for sandwiches.
    Cliff.
    If you find a post of mine that is missing a pic that you'd like to see, let me know & I'll see if I can find a copy.

When faced with the problem of whether to use the near queue or the far queue, consider carefully which to take.

Regards,

Rob

Drop Bear Capital of Gippsland (Lang Lang) Vic Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Rogers
    English.... bacon.... they do know what that is....
    It's the prosciutto that has them stumped, they think it is some kind of cold meat for sandwiches.
    At $40 a kilo for a good one (yeah I know, there is some around for $25 but I like the $40 one)
    Having said that several years ago we stopped for a pub lunch at Katamatite near where DanP resides, they had Porterhouse on the menu for $6.00, I became quite excited about this until I realised that it too had been cut like proscuitto should be
    Stupidity kills. Absolute stupidity kills absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Bondy1s
    Well I dunno if I'm a local yet Cliff, I've ónly been here for thirty odd years but some of the locals do recognise me and wave... or is it just the flies?
    Nah, you're not a local 'til you have 3 generations in the cemetery.

I got P'd off with inadequate checkouts in Bunnings, so made the checkout charlie get the manager so I could have a whinge. He said the couldn't put in a limited items, cash only checkout because of 'policy'. So I got onto their website and tried to send them a blast through their 'Contact us' link, which didn't work.

Totally incompetent, from the top down.
    Visit my website
    Website
    Facebook

We had a bit of trouble with prosciutto amongst other things when we first came down here but about 2 years ago someone opened up a proper deli in town. Up until then, the "deli" was a sandwich shop.

But at least there was never a queue

It's very cosmopolitan around here - a lot of retired snobs from Melbourne who are 'used' to things. I suppose they have their uses, when it was all truck drivers, fishermen and farmers, if you asked for prosciutto they'd all think you were a poof, whether they knew what it was or not.
    "I don't practice what I preach because I'm not the kind of person I'm preaching to."

Drop Bear Capital of Gippsland (Lang Lang) Vic Australia

A true 'poof' is a swaggie with champagne corks on his hat.
    Stupidity kills. Absolute stupidity kills absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddles
    I haven't seen her since, they probably realised she wasn't suitable for the job.

Richard
    Shes prolly the manager by now.

Al

Quote Originally Posted by AlexS
    Nah, you're not a local 'til you have 3 generations in the cemetery.

Small towns make me laugh at the way they are so clicky, my missus is 4th generation from Beaufort Vic, her mob arrived for the goldrush.

She left there for 3 years to go with me to England, when we arrived back she was treated like an outsider for ages. :confused:

Al

Geeze don't start me on service in small country towns..... :mad:
    I travel around a lot in my job & it fairly Ps me right off when I go to some little town to do a job & then go to get something to eat & my order ends up coming out last after all the locals who came in after me.
    The last time it happened was in Mareeba & I got up & left & went to a different coffee shop.:mad:
    doesn't surprise me, mareeba is a hole

In our little town, the supermarket is owned by the English famly in English St. (The Englishes own half the town).
    If you order prosciutto they cut it about a 1/4" thick.
    not hard to own half of malanda when you only have a few streets and their pub takes up most of one!

at least the good old five star has prosciutto etc (surprised me when they started selling all that fancy foreign stuff...what were they thinking! ), might not have a huge range like woolies but it always has the essentials...and if a queue looks like starting they call up other staff pretty quickly!

Don't know why you queue. Just walk away and go somewhere else. I wouldn't queue up for a night with Angie Jolie - well not for long, anyway.

Regarding Coles, it's not the staff, its the management that's incompetent. The Idiot Child works there part time whilst she begins the HSC. The stories she tells. Shes still waiting for her group certificates as Coles changed payroll providers last year and the old ones are on a no-talkies basis.

Woolies is so far infront, and I have a swag of Coles stock too.

Thank God for those un-suspecting Seppo investors!
    Bodgy
    "Is it not enough simply to be able to appreciate the beauty of the garden without it being necessary to believe that there are faeries at the bottom of it? " Douglas Adams

What about when you ring up to see if they have one & they say they do & when you get there they can't find it?
    Rule of thumb, always but always get a name.

Always but always try to remember rules of thumb.

Cheers.............Sean

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by womble
    not hard to own half of malanda when you only have a few streets and their pub takes up most of one!!
    Well you picked the town...
    They actually own the WHOLE of that side of English street.
    Quote Originally Posted by womble
    at least the good old five star has prosciutto etc ....
    That's who I'm talking about & it must have been a while since you were there 'cos it is a Spar now, not a 5 Star.
    They stay open til 6PM but don't try going over after work to order anything sliced 'cos the machines have already been washed down & they can't slice it.

Inside info, & this is 'good old country service'... you can ring up & order your meat to be sliced before 5pm & pick it up before 6pm.

PS. If you want prosciutto, tell them to cut it reeeeaaallllyyy thin.
    Cliff.
    If you find a post of mine that is missing a pic that you'd like to see, let me know & I'll see if I can find a copy.