Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Buy gmc?

So did the guy at Bunnings know what he was talking about when he told me that Bunnings have dropped GMC tools from their range because of poor after sales service and failure to honour their guarantees?
    Reality is no background music.
    Cheers John

Question what a waste of time GMC ?

Here is an update on the GMC and its not good really...

After talking and emailing them they picked up the GMC 1200SK what a design fault it is.

Now I have looked at it in detail its crap. The locking device they use on this router is so diff: to others they use I have no idea why or where they got it from ?

So after I got an email saying we will send me a new router I knew it was too good to be true... As they did not do anything of a sort... They sent me back the FAULTY router that I had sent to them and a used GMC 1/4 inch router ???? OMG !!!!!

It’s terrible to hear that you have not had satisfactory service from GMC as we try to help everyone out.
    I have been advised to offer you a new Triton router as an apology and hopefully this will fix your problem.
    Can you please forward your contact details so I can arrange this replacement?.

After all this I knew I should have just thrown it away in the first place, But now I know what GMC are really like I don't have to listen to others Iv done every thing in my power to help them only to be treated like a fool.. This is wrong how can a company think like this ? Iv even had a engineer look at the lock on this unit and he says its cactus.. Like trying to undo a 12mm with a half inch spanner.. it will not lock it can spin.

So after all this I feel let down and told some thing that I know is not right, This is just plane and simple to see. I'm guttered to think that this company can do this.. I don't like been lied to.

Sorry GMC you get a thumbs down Im ok with you saying we will send you a new router, BUT I will not listen to some one telling me that this router is safe WHEN I KNOW It is not.

Bloody shame on you for treating Australian customers with contempt bloody shame!

I have sent an email to them AGAIN, All this for trying to help them out !!

Macro photos to come you will see plain as day what the problem is.

to be continued... Tonight as I know they will ring me..

Replying to MICKYG who Emailed me..

I am curious as to how you were treated by the GMC crew, did you in fact recieve a new router as they apparently promised ? There is a thread going at the moment which is about Warranty for their equipment as sold to the consumer - It has been brought about by that company going into recievership. The contact I have had with a few of their resellers, they all seem to be off with GMC and unlikely to stay as resellers.

Well there will be NO UPDATE sorry guys..

Companys like this need to be taken to the law and dealt with, I was treated like a FOOL !
    And with the time I have spent with wood working I am just so mad in some ways its just NOT CRICKET...

What the hell do these guys think ??? It was like anything I had to say they did not want to know.. Now did they know that the company was going belly up ?? May be..?.. I dont give a rats I Will stop there ....I'M just so angry that I'M not going into detail..

All I can say is when you buy some thing DONT BUY CRAP !! buy some thing that has been around for a long time.. as some companys just use us and I HATE BEEN USED !!

I would love to meet the guy who owns gmc who ever made it.. AND I HOPE YOU READ THIS!

Why ask for feed back when you just palm your customers away ??? thanks for makeing me feel like crap GMC

Cheers guys..

EDITED POST
    Last edited by watson; 19th December 2008 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Rant

Unhappy Best left Unsaid

NGX,

Thanks for the reply and I must confess I was expecting an email. On the matter discussed it may well be a case a lot of things are best left unsaid. Have a good Chistmas and festive season

Regards Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MICKYG View Post
    NGX,

Thanks for the reply and I must confess I was expecting an email.
    Unfortunately, fewer and fewer people respect the confidentiality of personal communications theses days. I'm highly circumspect in my business emails nowadays until I get to know the other party.
    I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you just read is not what I meant.

Regards, Woodwould.

Is there a right of privacy in an unsolicited private message or eMail?

I've occasionally replied to a private message with a post back to the thread, when I've thought that the reply was more valuable to the broader audience.
    ... as long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation. (A.Hitler)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Dunn View Post
    Is there a right of privacy in an unsolicited private message or eMail?

I've occasionally replied to a private message with a post back to the thread, when I've thought that the reply was more valuable to the broader audience.
    The clue is is in 'private message'. If one wanted to post the content of a private message on the forum, the courteous action would be to request permission from the originator first.
    I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you just read is not what I meant.

Regards, Woodwould.

Good point, Woodwould, except that I've never understood why some people use private messages for a fairly general question, on the topic of a thread, the answer of which would benefit a wider audience.

I've often thought about turning off my private messages for this reason, but I do get some more general enquiries that aren't related to any specific thread.

Now my approach is that if I get an eMail I'll reply in person; and I'll decide my reply to a private message based on its relevance to any thread, and the need for privacy in the communication (ie, embarrassment to the author).
    ... as long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation. (A.Hitler)

Unfortunately, there is no right to privacy in a PM, email or letter. Some people have publicly posted PMs in the past and no doubt will do so in the future. The bottom line is to expect ALL PMs to become public and phrase them accordingly.

The "Private" in PM simply means it will be seen by those you send it to only. What they do with it from there on is up to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Groggy View Post
    Unfortunately, there is no right to privacy in a PM, email or letter.
    Not quite accurate. There have been some notorious cases in law where the rights to peoples' privacy in electronic communications have been defended and won.

Granted, a PM is slightly different, but any email containing a privacy statement, is, by law, actionable. One would hope recipients of PMs would have the decency not to disclose the contents, but there's just no accounting for folk.

Regards, Woodwould.

NGX I have a few GMC products to date happy with them as many have been given as presents to foster my hobby.

I have the similar GMC 1050w router and some time ago had difficulty with it tightening onto the shaft of the bit the locking mechanism was holding fine just not holding the shaft it would vibrate loose.

Contacted GMC and after discussion with Techdesk fellow said they would ship out a new collet for me. Imagine my surprise when a brand new GMC 1500w router arrived FREE I acctually rang the fellow back to say thanks

I posted about it some time back on the forum. One thing I found dealing with any company is staff change, attitudes change, managment change.

This same router you have also is branded with many other brands

May I also suggest a letter to Gov dept, Fair Trading, Choice magazine,

Surley if they can detect and remove from sale Kids toys on saftey grounds why not high powered tools

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwould View Post
    Not quite accurate. There have been some notorious cases in law where the rights to peoples' privacy in electronic communications have been defended and won.

Granted, a PM is slightly different, but any email containing a privacy statement, is, by law, actionable. One would hope recipients of PMs would have the decency not to disclose the contents, but there's just no accounting for folk.
    I don't agree here, not in Australia anyway. Unless confidentiality is implied by the nature of the correspondence citizen to Government, client to solicitor etc I thought you had no right to expect privacy. Mind you, things have changed a bit in this area. Anyone up to date on the privacy legislation?