Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re the TSC-10HB, I notice on the Carba-tec web site that it has gone up to $1631. Must be because of the $A going south recently.

Oh well, I'm still hopeful that I can do something at their annual sale.

Makes the 12" job from Hare & Forbes look more inviting....
    "I don't practice what I preach because I'm not the kind of person I'm preaching to."

Did anyone notice that the prices did not go down when the AU$ went from 49c US to 75c US?:confused: Yet when the value goes down by a couple of cents they whack the prices up ASAP :mad:

Dan
    Is there anything easier done than said?
    - Stacky. The bottom pub, Cobram.

Well in fairness to them, that saw was listed at $1781 in their 2003 catalogue.

It went down to $1495 on the web sometime last
    year where it's been until recently.

Is the new price for new stock though?

Cheers

Craig

Maybe they've been monitoring this forum :eek:
    "I don't practice what I preach because I'm not the kind of person I'm preaching to."

I was still quoted $1495 on the TSC-10HB today in Sydney, even though they don't have any in stock and have a couple of orders waiting to be filled - did you blokes order up big?
    Visit my website
    Website
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by AlexS
    I was still quoted $1495 on the TSC-10HB today in Sydney, even though they don't have any in stock and have a couple of orders waiting to be filled - did you blokes order up big?
    Nope I haven't approacehd them yet. Interesting re the price being the same. I wonder what it will be when I see them at sale time?

Cheers
    Craig

Quote Originally Posted by craigb
    Nope I haven't approached them yet. Interesting re the price being the same. I wonder what it will be when I see them at sale time?

Cheers
    Craig
    Must say, it does appear a little confusing. Carbatec Vic site is $1795 inc. Sydney site is still $1495 inc.

I just rang Carbatec NZ for a local price. They advised their price here is NZ $2154 for the TSC-10HB. They said this was based on the AU price of $1795 * 1.2 for the exchange rate and GST difference (12.5% in NZ).

There's a 3 year old MBS300 complete with sliding table on the local trade me site with a reserve of around NZ$2300 (about $2000 AU). sounds like it might be a better deal if it goes for around that price.

Still $1495 on the Carbatech WA site too.........

Got my 2004 catalogue in the mail last night. The TSC is still listed at $1495.

Craig

Default Hafco not at the Sydney Show

Just for your info. Hafco are not going to be at the Sydney Woodies show. They have a large machinery show that is clashing with the dates and they have decided that the machinery show would be a better money spinner.

I found this out when I was out at Hafco last week looking at their table saws.. I'm in the market for one. Probably will buy a Jet Supersaw. Best price so far is from Gary Pye of $1800 +freight for the sliding table version.

So far I have looked at most of the Chinese/Taiwanese clone saws by Carbatec and Hafco and I'm less than impressed with the quality. However, if anyone has some recommendations on what I should be buying please make yourself heard. I'm extremely open to recommendations.
    Greg Lee

Old hackers never die, their TTL expires....