Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wheelinround View Post
    Ah so when a teacher takes your kids on an excersion they after 3 pm are off duty can do what they like. They are not to be held responsible for what goes on just think if they were Interstate or OS and did this.
    Clutching at straws there aren't you?
    Quote Originally Posted by bitingmidge View Post
    How many times have off-field "antics" got the into strife. How much more is Shane Warne remembered for reckless handling of a SIM card? (If he'd been Indian he'd have been deported for that.)
    Perhaps in the court of public opinion, but so long as he's broken no laws, it should have no bearing on his selection as a cricketer. I for one am glad that we don't live with the archaic standards that pervade some other countries.
    With some jobs, comes an OBLIGATION to behave in a particular manner. Representing your country, whether in opposition or not, is one of those jobs.
    Certainly, but this really seems like a storm in a teacup.
    The religious debate is a nonsense and just clouds the issue.
    It certainly would be an issue to those who would vote for him because of his religious convictions, and it certainly is an issue when it's seen as hypocrisy on his part.

For mine, it just takes the edge off an otherwise undesirable trait.

Quote Originally Posted by Zed View Post
    Frazer, Hawke ? when u moving out Midge ?
    Don't forget about our Johnnie.

Of course some will judge him in the court of public opinion, where our pollies aren't permitted to be human.

Wrong! No such thing as off duty while travelling in an official capacity.

Tell that to any football team. Two weeks ago, two ARU team members were disciplined after doing no wrong whatsoever, just appearing to do so.

How many times have off-field "antics" got the into strife. How much more is Shane Warne remembered for reckless handling of a SIM card? (If he'd been Indian he'd have been deported for that.)

With some jobs, comes an OBLIGATION to behave in a particular manner. Representing your country, whether in opposition or not, is one of those jobs. KR let us down. Maybe he could end up as our next John Kerr?

My question is "when does someone like KR get off duty?" lets be honest he has the paparazzi after him 24/7 now at least until the election and then potentially for years unless he does a Johnny and gets so boring that no one is interested in his personal life. But it comes with the territiory. Bad luck fella, this is Australia, stick your poppy head up and kaboom......

As for did he do something wrong, that depends whether he inhaled or not, we will never know, there will be lies and spin all around. Im not moral enough to make a judgement, Im not sure that his opponents are either. What it does do is divert the media for a while,

Sebastiaan
    "We must never become callous. When we experience the conflicts ever more deeply we are living in truth. The quiet conscience is an invention of the devil." - Albert Schweizer

My blog. http://theupanddownblog.blogspot.com

Never been to a strip club and never really been tempted to do so, no matter how pi55ed i was at the time.

Isn't that part of the deal with booze - if you can't trust yourself not to do silly things when you drink, then you have to moderate your drinking. It's an individual decision for which you have to take individual responsibility.

The issue for KR is that:
    1. his generally abstemious attitude to drink probably shows that he knows that he does silly things if he overdoes it, we all now know that he has a problem and may not act in character when he drinks
    2. he has shown us that, even if he has resolved to avoid drink, he can lapse
    3. we have to vote on the guy we are presented with - if he has a known disability when pi55ed, he needs to convince us that this was a slip from which he learned, otherwise how do we know that he won't do some off-duty drinking and then make some bad decisions that will affect us?
    Cheers

Jeremy
    If it were done when 'tis done, then 'twere well it were done quickly

I'd be worried if there was a habit of getting drunk but as a one off, who gives a rats.

Had Shane Warne just had a couple of incidents over his time as a cricketer, it would have not been a problem. Warnie made a bit of a habit of it and it cost him the captaincy. Punter had a few incidents with alcohol before he was captain but said he had a problem and got better.
    Photo Gallery

Midge, why do you want to invade NZ. Isn't it ours already?

Visit my website at www.myFineWoodWork.com

Quote Originally Posted by Grunt View Post
    I'd be worried if there was a habit of getting drunk but as a one off, who gives a rats.
    What if Rudd secretly dreamed about going to a strip club, when he saw a window of opportunity he may have thought that he could go and justify it by blaming it on alcohol, but as you say who gives a rat rear end, it's political gutter tactics.

I've been to plenty of strip clubs. And I've been both drunk and sober when I've been there. I find them a bit boring and sad these days, so I've stopped going, but I don't see anything too much wrong with it myself.

I think this whole furore is just ridiculous. For goodness sake. As long as Kevvie isn't spending my money when he's getting snake's hissed and stuffing my $20 notes down the front of a "lady's" knickers, I don't care what he does when he is off duty. And I do consider his nights when he isn't at official functions "off duty".

For my money there isn't anything wrong with it, and it isn't any of my business. The folks that think it is their business are the ones that worry me a lot more....
    Bob C.

Never give up.

I too have been to plenty of strip clubs and strip shows , never been to one alone though. When you go ashore with a group you would often end up in a strip club, and only 6 months ago went to a lap dance club while I was attending my nephews buck show , so what, personally I found them boring watching females who were not in the least interested take their clothes off for a bunch of noisy , and in the most part drunk, men.
    I would have been more worried about Rudd if he went there sober on his own wearing a trench coat .
    I do find some comments here ammusing and wonder what would have been posted if it was Howard who had erred.
    Ashore

The trouble with life is there's no background music.

I do find some comments here ammusing and wonder what would have been posted if it was Howard who had erred.
    You mean he would finally have got a friend to go with or he had the interest left in him after doing it to Aus for the last 13years , virile puppy.....
    "We must never become callous. When we experience the conflicts ever more deeply we are living in truth. The quiet conscience is an invention of the devil." - Albert Schweizer

My blog. http://theupanddownblog.blogspot.com

Been to a few seedy strip joints in my younger days, but I have never, ever been anywhere with a politician or a journalist, so my conscience is clear.

And I've never danced in fishnet stockings, either.
    Visit my website
    Website
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastiaan56 View Post
    You mean he would finally have got a friend to go with or he had the interest left in him after doing it to Aus for the last 13years , virile puppy.....
    Yep thats one of them
    Ashore

The trouble with life is there's no background music.

Could not give a rats ring.

If this is the best the smear machine can come up with then they are desperate.

no never been in one ,l have better at home
    smile and the world will smile with you

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa View Post
    I've been to plenty of strip clubs. And I've been both drunk and sober when I've been there. I find them a bit boring and sad these days, so I've stopped going, but I don't see anything too much wrong with it myself.

I think this whole furore is just ridiculous. For goodness sake. As long as Kevvie isn't spending my money when he's getting snake's hissed and stuffing my $20 notes down the front of a "lady's" knickers, I don't care what he does when he is off duty. And I do consider his nights when he isn't at official functions "off duty".

For my money there isn't anything wrong with it, and it isn't any of my business. The folks that think it is their business are the ones that worry me a lot more....

Got news for you he was/is a public payed person even back then so yes it was your money he was throwing around not just him but those with him the Union man aslo.

apparently the issue was raised by HE who wears fishnet stockings
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com