Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by echnidna
    Is this the ultimate alternative to petrol here :eek: :eek:
    Its another bldi perpetual motion machine...it goes against all the basic laws of nature.
    Whatever note you blow youre never more than a semitone away from the correct one....(Miles Davis)

Quote Originally Posted by echnidna
    Is this the ultimate alternative to petrol here :eek: :eek:
    Im very sceptical.....they parrot on about science but not a shred if scientific evidence to back their claims. No references to papers published in scientific journals.....no evidence of the fueless engine having been actually tested under lab conditions. How can they hope to be taken seriously with such an amateurish approach?

It reminds me of the water powered combustion engine my sparkie used to go on about. He ended up losing all his money and his marriage backing the thing....every time I asked to actually see the thing working there was some excuse why it couldnt be arranged. All I saw was a photo very much like the one on the fuellesspower website.

It all reminds me of the x ray glasses you used to see advertised in the back of comics.
    Whatever note you blow youre never more than a semitone away from the correct one....(Miles Davis)

South Oz, the big smokey bit in the middle

Yer just getting cynical in your old age.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Daddles
    Yer just getting cynical in your old age.

Richard
    Im a cynical and skeptical old scientist... this sort of cr*p is like a red rag to a bull.

Default biodiesel / veggie oil

Hi everyone, I just googled across your posts here mentioning biodiesel and veggie oil, so I thought I'd fill you in on the tax issues:

1. Biodiesel is exempt from excise if you are a commercial producer, you get a rebate.
    2. If you are a home producer of biodiesel, you can also register with the ATO to get a rebate, but that is dependant on record keeping and also getting an expensive chemical analysis for every batch you make. (In other words, don't bother registering and drive the scene underground! Silly government!)
    3. There are (as yet) NO LAWS concerning the use of Straight Vegetable Oil (SVO) or Waste Cooking Oil (WCO) in your vehicle. The difference is that biodiesel is defined by the Aust Tax Office as Methyl Esters, specifically, having gone through the reaction process of making biodeisel. If you want to run your diesel engine on this, you can with no tax. There is no ambiguity about the government defining veggie oil as biodiesel. It quite clearly is not.

I've just set up a new site for Sydney Biodiesel Users (well, anyone in Australia, really) at www.sydneybiodiesel.com. There's a forum there too if anyone cares to ask questions. It's only been up a few weeks, so it's not very well populated yet, but you may find the info you are looking for there. The FAQs of the site have a few topics that deal with the Australian tax issues of biodiesel. The site is there purely to inform and spread the word, it has no other agenda and is not run by any commercial interest.

Default It has been done.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingermick
    Plenty of hydrogen atoms around, just need to squeeze them until they fuse, then they release abundant energy. I'm thinking of getting some pliers and giving it a go next week.
    Of course, if it were shown to be possible to extract energy in a way that could rival oil, the oil companies would have the discoverer shot.
    I once saw an Australian science show that reported on a bloke who had come up with a Radar that could detect America's new stealth planes. It was a revolutionary new radar and I never heard anything about it, or him again.
    The Jindalee RADAR network has been up and going for years now and due to the low frequency can pick up stealth aircraft, check it out here: http://defence-data.com/features/fpage37.htm

Or do a search

Saw a 60 min's type show on the Boganville Rebals and the have been running all sorts of engines on palm oil for years

The trouble with life is there's no background music.

Russell