Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

My broadband laptop is not loading pages or loading pages in 10/15 minutes? Some days, like today, i am getting ok service within 2- 3 minutes.
    It also changes from page to page ie I can load page 1 of this thread but not page 2, I can get into forum info threads but not musical instruments.???????

I am downloading fire fox, will see if that helps.
    If you dont play it, it's not an instrument!

Smile Bugger me!!!!!

Clicked out of forums after last post here,
    Clicked on download firefox on their website,
    Downloaded fire fox,
    Installed on my computer,
    Opened fire fox, typed woodies address,
    Logged on to forums,
    opened this post,
    now am replying to this post,

Check the time of my last post htat will give you an Idea of how fast my computer speeds are!!!!

Thanks for the advice on fire fox people.

bricks
    If you dont play it, it's not an instrument!

Firefox is a definite a big help. But bare in mind, it isn't always this site that's the problem. Often it's your own server. Sometimes you just need to turn off your modem and reboot it. Sometimes it's server overload from too many people all trying to access at the same time.

We often have as many as 400 or more trying to log on in the same minute this isn't an uncommon occurrence. We can often have hundreds downloading and uploading pics at the same time and loading pages willy-nilly all over the place with many loading multiple pages which also will have a bearing on speeds. It's now almost 1:00am and there are 845 people on line all doing just that and as an exercise I am on line via my old 56K modem and still loading pages at around 30 seconds per page.

Anyone on broadband who has to wait 5 minutes or more has a major problem and should reboot their modem for starters and if still loading at those speeds you should contact your service provider as there is a definite problem.

There is a slow time around 11:30 am when the system is backed up and again at 12 midnight when reminder emails and other admin stuff is done but these would very rarely account for speeds as slow as that. Even the old 56k modems should load faster then a couple of minutes.

Cheers - Neil
    KEEP A LID ON THE GARBAGE... Report spam, scams, and inappropriate posts, PMs and Blogs.
    Use the Report icon at the bottom of all Posts, PM's and Blog entries.

I upgraded my Firefox from version 2 to 3 last week. Initially I had some issues with page loading and after a bit of a search I came across a comment that there were problems with upgrading over the top of version 2. I uninstalled firefox completely and deleted the program files/firefox directory then did a fresh install of version 3.

I no longer have any pages that lock up entirely while loading (gmail with chat enabled was the worst culprit for me) and everything seems to be working fine (other than one or two plugins that are not compatible).

I'm not entirely sure but I have an impression forum pages a loading a little slower under 3 than 2.

BTW if you intend to uninstall Firefox be cautious and backup your bookmarks etc first. The uninstall didn't delete any personal data, however its probably sensible to use mozbackup or the foxmarks plugin just in case.