Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

No one would give a sheet if the person caught was an Asian Australian. It would barely get a mention. It's a complete media beatup because she's an attractivish white chick.

One reason for importing marijana into Bali is that other westerners feel much safer buying drugs from another westerner rather than a local who could be an informant or an under cover cop.

If someone came into Australia with a boogy board bag full of dope and they said it was put in their by some baggage handler we'd just laugh and hope they enjoyed their 10 or so years in jail.

I feel sorry for her in the same way I feel sorry for the Bali 9. Plainly stupid.
    Photo Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Grunt
    she's an attractivish white chick.

Russian too??

Al

Quote Originally Posted by Slavo
    I don't see how boycotting a country will do anything. If she was guilty then the Indo judicial system did it's job, if she was innocent then they got it wrong and she has two more avenues of appeal.
    Quote Originally Posted by BitingMidge
    DON'T miss out on seeing part of the world because of one person's misadventure.
    Slavo and BitingMidge,

Have been thinking while bowling tonight on this. You are both right. This case is only part of me not wanting to go to Bali. There is more than one reason.

Anyway, thanks guys for making me re-examine my viewpoint from a different angle.
    cheers
    RufflyRustic

Ment to add go to Bali it's a great and cheap holiday.
    Photo Gallery

No one has mentioned the fact that one of her close relatives is currently in jail in Australia, and that her father was convicted of possessing marijuana years ago. That may not mean that she is guilty, but, in my opinion, it makes it far more likely than if she came from a respectable family who had not had any criminal convictions.

There does not seem to be any credible explanation of why anyone would plant the marijuana in her bag. If baggage handlers had conspired to insert it in her bag in Brisbane, why did they not extract it in Sydney? Were they so bungling that they forgot to collect $30,000 worth of pot out of her bag when it got there? And anyway there must surely be less hazardous ways of transporting pot from Brisbane to Sydney.

I cannot see how the Indonesian judges could have reached any other conclusion than that she was guilty on the evidence presented. We do not know whether the Australian police uncovered any evidence that she was involved in drugs. Perhaps, now the verdict is in, we may hear if they found any such association.

Rocker

I totally agree with Redback on the point that a local Indo that kills loads of people with a bomb in a night club only gets 20 months jail compared to 20 years for Corby :mad: :mad: [ allegedly ] importing pot .
    Planepig

It would seem that the media has provided her with a platform for support in Australia, although many of the articles are of a gutter quality at least her story is know by most Australians.

Last night on TT (Seven) they ran some stupid piece on how the case was the talk of Bali, the only thing on locals minds, when they did a street vox pop half didn't know, a quater didn't care and the rest had seen her name in the paper. The reporter wasn't geting the feedback that he wanted for his story but just kept going along on his predetermined path.

Is she guilty? dont know. from what I have heard about the trial she didn't put up much of a case, just, oh its not mine. Without having anything more than that and with the stuff in her bag how could it ended up differently?

It seems odd that everybody is jumping up and down about this one girl, the stupid calls to boycott the country. What about all of the other Australians in a similar situation overseas who have no media exposure, no local support. Its simply one story that they have been arrested and another months later that they have been convicted, no 2x QC's for them.

Now what is the story about her financial backer, who has registered her name as a business .... what the?
    Now proudly sponsored by Binford Tools. Be sure to check out the Binford 6100 - available now at any good tool retailer.

It was so much easier in the old days. In 1977, I imported 55 kg's of dope into Bali and nobody laid a finger on me.

Quote Originally Posted by bitingmidge
    Driving home this evening I passed two houses which had placards on their fences which were less than complimentary to Indonesia, protesting "Corby's Innocence".

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and suggest that in order to know that, they must be the ones that planted the stuff.

Either that or I'm living in the middle of a

FREAKING LYNCH MOB!!!

GET BACK TO WORK PEOPLE!!!!

P
    It called Queensland isn't it?

BTW I agree with your earlier post.

Those that have sat through a trial, now how the system and see how the media reports it would also lean toward Midge's sentiments. I've come across some of the best liars in the business and I had no idea until the evidence comes out. People lie and you simply dont know..

I have some doubts about the whole saga but I dont believe that the result would have necessarily been different in Australia. Imagine her being caught in Sydney with the bag. Who would have believed that it wasn't hers? I dont know...

That said, she was found guilty, so isn't the death penalty appropriate, or is this just different.

Quote Originally Posted by ozwinner
    Theres a friend of mine on drug charges.
    Jury found her guilty.
    When the judges gavel fell
    Gave her 20 years in hell..

Going to make a jail break.
    Oww how I wish I could fly

Al
    She said I aint spending my life here , I aint livin alone, aint eatin no rats or lice , I'm gunna make a jail break.

Now how did that song end..... a bullet in the back I think.

Quote Originally Posted by ozwinner
    Sooooo, whats wrong with spiders?? :confused:

Al
    well for a start ther'v e got 8 legs their diffrent from us so we must destroy them PS.. and their multi national
    Reason enough

Trust me and you won't be disapointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Stinkalot
    Now what is the story about her financial backer, who has registered her name as a business .... what the?
    Downer said today that WE were paying her legal costs. I would have to ask WHY ???
    If at first you don't succeed, give something else a go. Life is far too short to waste time trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumby
    I would have to ask WHY ???
    And the services of 2 QC's I read.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumby
    Downer said today that WE were paying her legal costs. I would have to ask WHY ???
    If thats true, Im disgusted.

Exactly, why should we and were does it stop.... One rule for semi-decent looking white girl another for others.....

yeah it does seem strange that all this 'attention' has been paid to her when there are dozens of other australians around the world rotting away in jails after being found guilty of drug smuggling...no mention of them...not pretty enough maybe...