Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I'm waiting for an Ozito 2.40m sliding panel saw....for under $200, its bound to happen, just wait and see.
    Zelk
    Last edited by zelk; 31st October 2006 at 01:45 PM. Reason: addition

...... and an Ozito lathe, and then the SCMS ...... wow when will it end. The world is their oyster.

Pete
    If you are never in over your head how do you know how tall you are?

Quote Originally Posted by Doughboy View Post
    ...... and an Ozito lathe, and then the SCMS ...... wow when will it end. The world is their oyster.

Pete
    The Ozito scms is already a reality, Pete. Where have you been?

Serious question to all:

Has anyone tried the Ozito 1/4" router? I have, for many, many years used my Makita laminex trimmer when I've needed a small and light router but I now find that I need a machine with plunge capabilty and I don't want to spend a fortune on something like the Makite 1/4" job.
    Last edited by duckman; 31st October 2006 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Typo.
    I wanted to become a brickie but my old man said "No son, learn a trade."

Quote Originally Posted by Doughboy View Post
    ...... and an Ozito lathe, and then the SCMS ...... wow when will it end.

Pete
    .....an Ozito shed?

Zelk

Oh yeah ............. a shed for 200 bigguns gotta have one of those!!!! LMAO

Pete
    If you are never in over your head how do you know how tall you are?

Default Get the Ozito

Quote Originally Posted by duckman View Post
    Serious question to all:

Has anyone tried the Ozito 1/4" router? I have, for many, many years used my Makita laminex trimmer when I've needed a small and light router but I now find that I need a machine with plunge capabilty and I don't want to spend a fortune on something like the Makite 1/4" job.
    Hi Duckman.
    A while ago now, I posted a survey of all the 1/4" routers that I found in Bunnings, ('Survey' is an exageration,) and therein I found that the Ozito may be the best of the small plunge routers available at that time. The actual plunge mechanism was smooth and did not have the same degree of play that all the others seemed to have. I almost bought one at that time but I already have about 5 routers already.

PS You can buy a set of 'security' bits that fit into one of those 'T' handle screw/nut drivers. Try Bunnings tool section or Woolies. They cost about $10 from long ago memory, but have been very useful to me over the decades.
    Bob Willson
    The term 'grammar nazi' was invented to make people, who don't know their grammar, feel OK about being uneducated.

Quote Originally Posted by Wood Borer View Post
    Brendan never mentioned that at all.
    Of course not. I'm a salesman.

Here is the latest Felder hedgetrimmer. It will cut anything up to 104mm in one foul swoop.

At 700kg, it is a bit heavy though. Order before the end of the year for free shoulder strap.
    Retired member

Here is the latest Felder hedgetrimmer. It will cut anything up to 104mm in one foul swoop.
    At 700kg, it is a bit heavy though. Order before the end of the year for free shoulder strap. [/quote]

Brendan, is it cordless?
    Zelk

Quote Originally Posted by zelk View Post

Brendan, is it cordless?
    Zelk
    Not in the strict sense of the term, Zelk.

BUT......if you disengage the electric brake and then start the machine, hit the stop button, unplug the machine, sling it over your shoulder using the free shoulder strap, sprint over to your hedge and apply the blade to the foliage......then you could consider this machine as having cordless capacities....for maybe three seconds.

Special note for the kiddies: Ignore Uncle Felder and his stupid advice.
    Retired member

What Flavour is it?
    Does it come with Waffers?

BUT......if you disengage the electric brake and then start the machine, hit the stop button, unplug the machine, sling it over your shoulder using the free shoulder strap, sprint over to your hedge and apply the blade to the foliage......then you could consider this machine as having cordless capacities....for maybe three seconds.

Special note for the kiddies: Ignore Uncle Felder and his stupid advice.[/quote]

Is it user friendly, that is, would my wife be able to use it?
    Zelk
    Last edited by zelk; 31st October 2006 at 04:26 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Willson View Post
    Hi Duckman.
    A while ago now, I posted a survey of all the 1/4" routers that I found in Bunnings, ('Survey' is an exageration,) and therein I found that the Ozito may be the best of the small plunge routers available at that time. The actual plunge mechanism was smooth and did not have the same degree of play that all the others seemed to have. I almost bought one at that time but I already have about 5 routers already.
    I should have searched before asking.

I know what you mean about the play in the plunge mechanisms. Even the Makita 1/4" I saw at a tool shop yesterday had more play than I was comfortable with. The GMC too, but the Ozito seemed OK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Willson View Post
    PS You can buy a set of 'security' bits that fit into one of those 'T' handle screw/nut drivers. Try Bunnings tool section or Woolies. They cost about $10 from long ago memory, but have been very useful to me over the decades.
    Many thanks for that. There might yet be a chance of taming this blower/vac of mine. It would save me having to buy another and that would be a good thing.

Cheers,

Mark.
    I wanted to become a brickie but my old man said "No son, learn a trade."

Quote Originally Posted by zelk View Post

Is it user friendly, that is, would my wife be able to use it?
    Zelk
    That all depends.

1. Can your wife lift 700kgs of cast iron, steel and aluminium up onto her shoulder and rest it there using the convenient and conveniently priced shoulder strap?

2. Could your wife disengage the electric brake and then start the machine, hit the stop button, unplug the machine, sling it over her shoulder using the free shoulder strap, sprint over to her hedge and apply the blade to the foliage?
    Retired member

Quote Originally Posted by Felder View Post
    That all depends.

1. Can your wife lift 700kgs of cast iron, steel and aluminium up onto her shoulder and rest it there using the convenient and conveniently priced shoulder strap?

2. Could your wife disengage the electric brake and then start the machine, hit the stop button, unplug the machine, sling it over her shoulder using the free shoulder strap, sprint over to her hedge and apply the blade to the foliage?
    She could try.

Zelk

Thanks for the information Bob.

I don't normally buy at the cheap end of the market however there can be times when you are caught short and need to buy a tool to cover for one needing repair. I will consider getting an Ozita if such an occasion arises. You never know, it might outlast a more expensive tool.

Felder - thanks for the tips, I'll report on the hedge trimmer suggestion next year. No doubt Stefan can give me a demo.
    - Wood Borer