Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Timbecon 2

I've visited this thread a few times and I must say that I agree with Iain's original observation. No, the colour or name badge of a machine doesn't affect its performance, but that's not what Iain was saying. Colour and branding does affect sales however. Obviously it won't affect it as much when selling woodworking machinery as opposed to say, lipstick or breakfast cereal. But given the choice between two machines of the same quality, with the same features and capabilities at the same price I'm sure more people would pick the one that was more visually appealing and had a more attractive name. A colour and name change would cost little to implement and nothing in the long term but would probably translate to extra sales.
    If I was in the market for a machine and thought theirs was the best value for money I'd buy it regardless of colour or badge, and if the colour truly offended me I'd respray it, but I'm sure not everybody would do this. However rational we think we might be, buying consumer products, especially when they are hobby or leisure orientated is highly emotive.
    Just my 2c worth

Mick

I agree Mick. If there was a choice between a white or orange Commodore Ute I would take the white one. I know this will not be everyones choice but what is pleasing to the eye does have a bearing on what we purchase.
    Cheers,
    Rod