Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  32
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Model Wagons

This is the photo that the bucket remove from the article asking for more pics on the Milk float there was 2 of the same in the bucket while I wanted only one but they remove any thing from any forum if you delete it in the bucket,do they do this in the other photo holding places if they do not much point in changing host's.

Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by TKO View Post
    This is the photo that the bucket remove from the article asking for more pics on the Milk float there was 2 of the same in the bucket while I wanted only one but they remove any thing from any forum if you delete it in the bucket,do they do this in the other photo holding places if they do not much point in changing host's.

Eddie
    As far as I know, Eddie, it will happen with all of them. When you have a pic on Photobucket and place it on the WW forum, it's not really uploading the photo to WWF, just a link to the original that's still located on the Photobucket site. That's why the WWF pic disappears when the original is deleted.

Best thing to do is copy the photo from Photobucket to your Desktop, then upload it to the WWF. That way, an actual copy is uploaded and not merely a link. After it's uploaded to the forums, you can delete the original from your Desktop.

Edit: In PhotoBucket, get the pic in front of you, then right-click on it and 'Save Picture As'. In the window that appears, you can browse to wherever you want to temporarily store the pic, 'Desktop' or wherever it's easy to find for uploading to the woodwork forums. I have a 'WWF Temp' folder on my desktop for the purpose.

In Firefox, it's the same process, but the wording when you right-click on the pic is 'Save Image As'. (Just quickly checked.)
    Last edited by Hermit; 21st April 2013 at 05:16 PM. Reason: More info.
    ... Steve

-- Monkey see, monkey do --

crowie is offline Life's Good, Enjoy each new day & try to encourage

My goodness me Eddie,
    You must have a fleet of wagons which you've made and WOW, the quality & attention to detail is superb.
    Keep them coming, thank you.
    Cheers, crowie

I have just wrote 3 large paragraphs explaining where the models were shown and other stuff managed to get three photos of the different parts of the the model previewed to se that it was right Bam and the lot was gone ,I don't think it's worth the trouble.

Eddie

crowie is offline Life's Good, Enjoy each new day & try to encourage

Quote Originally Posted by TKO View Post
    I have just wrote 3 large paragraphs explaining where the models were shown and other stuff managed to get three photos of the different parts of the the model previewed to se that it was right Bam and the lot was gone ,I don't think it's worth the trouble.

Eddie
    That sounds like the trouble I was having using Internet Explorer as the browser but not with firefox.....
    Until I changed over to firefox I used to copy & paste the text I wrote to word just in case it fellover.....

Well I did write some thing but lost it all again now it seems to be working I will try and write it up again,next time

Eddie
    Last edited by TKO; 21st April 2013 at 10:42 PM. Reason: two pic the same again

Can you believe this I edit the post because of two pics the same remove one saved the post checked it, it said sorry cant find the picture ,and left it so all could see the album they are useless,

Eddie
    Last edited by TKO; 21st April 2013 at 10:52 PM. Reason: removed the sweare word

Looks pretty good to me. I know I've said it before, but that mail coach truly looks real. I'll bet you spent some time making those lamps.
    Extraordinary work, Eddie. You have reason to be proud of yourself.

Those wagons and coaches are without doubt the best models that I've seen on these forums. You must have a house full.

My vote goes with this ^ mail coach, it's my favourite.

If you run out of room and need to get rid of it.....

I just finished nervously unclamping a glue-up. No problems, so now I can relax and enjoy your work. Still looking at the (amazing) detail.

I reckon you should open a gallery - you could make a small fortune on admissions. Word-of-mouth would spread quickly and you'd have heaps of customers/viewers.

Got a chuckle from this too: Last edited by TKO; 21st Apr 2013 at 09:52 PM. Reason: removed the sweare word
    ... Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit View Post

I reckon you should open a gallery - you could make a small fortune on admissions. Word-of-mouth would spread quickly and you'd have heaps of customers/viewers.
    I agree with this ......

Greg

Hi Eddie, theres not much one can add after seeing all the post an wagons love it all, your a master for sure, just very happy to have you as a Friend, your the one that got me on this forum, thank you so much,
    Gary.....

Thanks fellows ,I will not show these any more in the public venues, the notice's saying don't touch is a waste of time for some people, they are so ignorant, and they think that as they paid to come to see the work's they have the rights to handle them. A friend of mine at the last show which was at the Bright Spring Festival about ten or so year's ago, had his 5/1/2 gauge locomotives on display and worth thousands of dollars ,a fellow thought they were a good place to stand his beer glass on the cab roof while he chatted to his mates, and a few days ago at a local motor show a family thought it was alright to sit the kids in a show car to take a photo, and the notice on the car said please do not touch, I wont be involved any more, hope I can get a photo in of the Ledge Caravan as I could not do it last nightAttachment 264858Attachment 264859Attachment 264860Attachment 264861Attachment 264862Attachment 264863 I have uploaded to day to IE 10 and it has not froze me up as yet, so I hope I can stay with this browser we will soon see when I hit the submit button, there are still 250 small carvings to go on the Caravan, But I don't think I will ever get them on, the reason is when I built it the side uprights were not jigged into there positions but done on a pencil mark and they are not all identical apart, and this means I could not cast from one carving as they are not all the same width, and would have to make more than one cast to fit the different widths, wasn't thinking to well in those days I guess, other way is to remove the upright's and do them all again, and then repaint not going there for sure all the models need a bit of TLC, they have been around the traps to much, tried to get the pics out of the words sorry about that.
    Last edited by TKO; 25th April 2013 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Photos in wrong place

Default Ledge Caravan pics

Here are Eddie's photos of the Ledge Caravan:

002c.jpg 003c.jpg

004c.jpg 005c.jpg

006c.jpg 007c.jpg

Now I get to comment first.
    ... Steve

Yet another gem, Eddie. I'm running out of words for your work.
    Fantastic.

I'll have a much closer look at all of the detail a little later when I knock off for the night. Got another hour in me yet.
    ... Steve

Thanks Hermit appreciate that,I don't know if it was any thing to do with the change to EI 10,or me, and not getting it right,and Greg thanks for the encouragement.

Eddie

I understand what you mean about idiots mistreating displays in public galleries. I didn't think of that.
    Even here, people have to touch as soon as they walk in the door. Especially wonderful when you've just put on a coat of finish and it's still soft.

I think the caravan looks great without the extra 250! carvings.
    I keep looking at the glasswork.

I was going to post this an hour ago, but my internet connection went down.
    Bloody computer. Someone should blow it up.
    ... Steve