Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cubby house

Default It is finished

Making the fence and door were fairly straight forward. It is kind of special though, the wood is from Jasmin’s late great grandmother’s old house.

It might look a bit over the top but if the girls can get a good 5 – 10 years out of it then it is well worth the effort.

Also Mrs & Mr Wood Borer or Ryan and his family can stay in there when they visit Sydney.

more

Great job,
    How many hours do you estimate that you put in?

Quote Originally Posted by Suresh
    Great job,
    How many hours do you estimate that you put in?
    About 10 hours per week for 8 weeks. So lets say around 80 to 90 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Wongo
    Also Mrs & Mr Wood Borer or Ryan and his family can stay in there when they visit Sydney.
    Thanks Mate! It 'll be a palace compared to the place we live in now!

there's no school like the old school.

Well done Wongo - that's one lucky little girl you've got! Did you build your home, also?

Jill

Quote Originally Posted by Jill
    Well done Wongo - that's one lucky little girl you've got! Did you build your home, also?

Jill
    Oh no, hell not. It is completely different ball game.

Default Cubby House

That's a great looking cubby house you built there Wongo.. did you make plans or make up as you went?

If its not too much trouble would you mind letting me in on how & what you used? Any plans you made up lying around somewhere? I'd be very interested in looking at them as I'm looking at making one rather than buying as the one's I was looking at were at least $2700 + freight... pretty sure i could make one from scratch & only costing around half that - wont make cubby so big or luxurious... lol... Only thing is have no idea where to start lol.. I was thinking of having it elevated to around 1200mm so can put slide & swing set on each side.. but instead of a 3m wide x 2.4m depth making it smaller but with patio on 1 side... can you give me any hints? ideas?

thanks
    bec

Only one problem Wongo. They grow up then want an extension. Have you catered for that.

BTW nice work she'll love it.

Quote Originally Posted by beccs View Post
    That's a great looking cubby house you built there Wongo.. did you make plans or make up as you went?

If its not too much trouble would you mind letting me in on how & what you used? Any plans you made up lying around somewhere? I'd be very interested in looking at them as I'm looking at making one rather than buying as the one's I was looking at were at least $2700 + freight... pretty sure i could make one from scratch & only costing around half that - wont make cubby so big or luxurious... lol... Only thing is have no idea where to start lol.. I was thinking of having it elevated to around 1200mm so can put slide & swing set on each side.. but instead of a 3m wide x 2.4m depth making it smaller but with patio on 1 side... can you give me any hints? ideas?

thanks
    bec
    Bec, there were no plans. I just made it up. Go to the begining of this thread and you will see how its done. Do a search as there are plenty of WIPs.

https://www.woodworkforums.com/showth...ighlight=cubby

https://www.woodworkforums.com/showth...ighlight=cubby
    Visit my website at www.myFineWoodWork.com

Hi Bec,

My advice would be to start a new thread and ask for help. You'll need to explain your level of skill and the tools you've got available, then we can offer appropriate help. Photos of your proposed site would be good, as would an idea of how much money you do want to spend. Mine cost about $500 but I spent a year salvaging materials worth at least another $500 - studs, decking, weatherboard and corro. If you paid me to make it, I'd charge you about $3000..

My cubby WIP is here, but I'm in the process of designing a more straight forward cubby for a mate who is not as skilled as I am, so that might help you.

Good luck!

PS, You could also try joining Freecycle in your area, as cubbies sometimes come up for free! Some of my salvaged materials came from Freecycle.
    Cheers, Richard

"... work to a standard rather than a deadline ..." Ticky, forum member.