Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Just noticed that the Timberline eBay listings for 40"+ Jet Clamps have all disappeared, and that Rockler is backordered on Jet clamps too. My guess is that Timberline do not have stock.

Behind that little door under the thicknesser...

Quote Originally Posted by US-Oz View Post
    SBD, please refresh your cache (press F5) when viewing the page at Carbatec. The price for 1000mm (40") Groz clamps there is $91.
    Did that...........still says $45. Besides my settings are for the cache to be updated automatically each visit...

Perhaps the CT website is sending you to the Perth store. These are at the Melbourne store
    Ours is not to reason why.....only to point and giggle.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentButDeadly View Post
    Did that...........still says $45. Besides my settings are for the cache to be updated automatically each visit...

Perhaps the CT website is sending you to the Perth store. These are at the Melbourne store
    Looks like it's only the Melbourne store. I was being directed to Sydney.
    Good value at 50% off.
    Those were the droids I was looking for.
    https://autoblastgates.com.au

No-one else in Australia has them. .....

You couldn't be so lucky
    I was in the US when they were released and bought 4 back with me (9 KG ea)

For anyone wondering if they should get in on this deal - I like them better than the Bessey K's I have and will use them every time before the Besseys.

The good part of the whole deal was that when they were released, they were Buy 1 get one free so that was $25 ea.

woodcutta

Thumbs up

Now listen Sydney boys. Go to Carbatec from tomorrow until the show. Buy 3 Bessey clamps and get another 1 free.

That is $60 per K-60 clamp and $87 per K-100 clamp.

Stop mucking around the little mickey mouse deal from overseas.
    Visit my website at www.myFineWoodWork.com

Got this from Timberline:

We have 80 pairs in stock. We can do as large an order or as small an order as you like.

Jeffrey
    On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 1:56 AM, US-OZ wrote:

----- Forwarded Message ----

To: [email protected]
    Sent: Wednesday, June 4, 2008 1:30:51 PM
    Subject: Fw: Bulk order of [JET 70450] 50" Parallel Clamp

No reply my last email was received. Please note: you may have had several similar emails recently, and that's because there are a group of us in Australia discussing buying in bulk from you to save shipping fees. We are discussing it at the woodworkforums.com website as a "group buy".
    https://www.woodworkforums.com/showthread.php?t=73472

Please indicate if you are interested in selling stuff to us or not. I also left a phone message.

Thanks

Since he finally replied and their feedback on eBay is ok, I may as well go for this. Ok then, can we have a final list of who wants what? Let's not get too fancy with the order.

Ok, here's where we stand:
    ME 4
    BURNSY 4
    POPS 4
    RAMPS 4

TOTAL 16

I'll buy another 4 for those who want in later. At ~$55/clamp, it's a bargain.

If nobody else chimes in to change this, I'll buy today.

[JET 70450] 50" Parallel Clamp EA US$40.99 20X TOTAL $819.80
    estesexpress freight $179.70

TOTAL US$999.50 (AUD ~1,050, or AUD52.50 ea)

Ok, they are now bought. PM me with yr contact details please.

You're certainly a trusting fellow. Shouldn't you have got the money/contact details prior to placing the order (as Burnsy originally suggested - actually wasn't Burnsy running the show ).

I guess you will find another buyer anyway, if someone pulls out. Good luck with it, they look like nice clamps.
    Cheers.

Vernon.

No, I'm not trusting, because these clamps are an absolute steal in Australia at this price. The reviews I've read everywhere say that they are much better than the Besseys. If I have some left over, I'll keep them or sell them for a profit on eBay. And I PMed Burnsy about paying myself for the deal, and he did not object.

US-OZ

I am confused (trying to be polite) ..

My understanding was that this was being run by Mike (Burnsy) - I had been in contact with him with my order, and he let me know that all orders would be ratified this Sunday.

So ... did you order on my behalf as well? Do you know what my order is ... was?

Mike .. you there?

Regards from Perth

Derek

I had messages with Mike to the effect that I may move on it with PayPal and without prepayment from anyone, and his response was that that was ok. You, Derek, did not seem interested in the deal as proposed. I did not order for you, but you are welcome to buy the 4 spare clamps.

My name is Mark, by the way.

Sorry guys, still no email, and when I called again during their business hours, the phone was not answered. That's twice I've called without getting through, and 3 emails ignored. I'm out. If you go ahead anyway and buy the 20 units, I'll still take 4, but no prepayment from me.

US-Oz
    I got the impression you were out as such I had been in contact with the others who had replied and messaged me and said I will look at it Sunday. I am quite happy for you to front it all as you have - and yes I know we had discussed it earlier, just thought there may be a final pm first to confirm the numbers we all wanted.

Derek had messaged me and asked for 6 x 31 inch clamps. Can you please contact Derek and check if he still wants these and then add them to the order so he can get the cheaper shipping costs as well? This should benefit everyone as Derek was happy to pay a per clamp share of the postage even though his clamps were slightly smaller. I was actually going to order a cabinet set of 50 and 31 inch clamps to cover 2 of Derek's 31 inch order and 2 of my 50 inch order as I wanted a set of blocks and dogs. Don't worry about this if Derek still wants to proceed, just order his 6 x 31 inch on top of the existing order as this is simpler.

Thanks,
    Mike

I was unaware of all the behind scenes arrangements. That's why it would have been better to keep all the messages on this thread. I have not found the vendor to be responsive, he's probably too busy with a day job, so I do not want to start arranging to change the order. I am quite happy to keep all the clamps myself, and you guys can put in another order, if you like. Seriously. These clamps are very useful to me and I can sell them piecemeal over the years if I so desire. Whatever, buy them from me, make another order, do whatever makes you happy, guys.