Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: change of name

Quote Originally Posted by bowl-basher View Post
    I just realised that this will be the last weekend that I have to think about getting up on Monday morning..........and ain't that a nice thought

Bowl-Basher
    Hope you have a good constitution Graham

Then you'll be missing out on hours of fun in the shed.

Quote Originally Posted by bowl-basher View Post
    I just realised that this will be the last weekend that I have to think about getting up on Monday morning..........and ain't that a nice thought

Bowl-Basher
    grrr...

Enjoy! I've only got 30 years to go...

Cheers,
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Ozkaban View Post
    grrr...

Enjoy! I've only got 30 years to go...

Cheers,
    Dave
    Dave don't wish it away .................. I never did ..........its not all fun and games. Bills still come, things still need to be purchased and OT ceases.

Yeah, it sounds good but without regular employment you may miss things like work friendships, a sense of purpose and the time structuring that 9 to 5 brings.
    Cheers, Ern

I reckon you work harder in retirement than you do in full time work. To add insult to injury, everyone thinks you have nothing to do.
    Cheers,
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by rsser View Post
    Yeah, it sounds good but without regular employment you may miss things like work friendships, a sense of purpose and the time structuring that 9 to 5 brings.

Yep I know people who struggled a bit. I am blessed, took to retirement like a duck to water. Highly recomend it to anyone in a position to do it comfortably, gets down to priorities and what you want out of your remaining years. My wife continues to work 3 days a week because she enjoys the company etc. I have a small job that takes just 1 1/2 hours a day 3 or 4 times a week, just for toys. Not a whole lot of positives to getting old (but the alternative sucks ) so make the most of those there are.

Yeah, I do a bit of part time uni teaching and love it. Keeps the mind sharp, provides a focus for structuring time during the week and keeps me in touch with good young minds.

Also give the occasional woodturning lesson which forces me to articulate methods that are part of tacit knowledge and analyse the causes of mistakes among students (as well as mine!).
    Cheers, Ern

Noticed the update on the name... How is retirement going???

Cheers,
    Dave

I'd say thats the last we'll see of Graham for a while shed shed and more shed or he's recovering from his big send off party. Mrs BB has him head down tail up working his butt off.

Whats that I read Cougar escapes owner.....say's its been over worked.

Congrats Graham enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by wheelinround View Post
    Dave don't wish it away .................. I never did ..........its not all fun and games. Bills still come, things still need to be purchased and OT ceases.
    Only just noticed this post Ray. I wouldn't want to wish anything away... I have 2 1/2 young kids at the moment, the oldest being 5 and the youngest being -4 months Loving life at the moment (though I may re-evaluate in 4-or-so months time ). You really do need to stop and smell the roses once in a while and realise how good things are

Having said that, having the time in retirement to do stuff would be nice, though of course these are pros and cons to everything

Cheers,
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Ozkaban View Post
    Only just noticed this post Ray. I wouldn't want to wish anything away... I have 2 1/2 young kids at the moment, the oldest being 5 and the youngest being -4 months Loving life at the moment (though I may re-evaluate in 4-or-so months time ). You really do need to stop and smell the roses once in a while and realise how good things are

Having said that, having the time in retirement to do stuff would be nice, though of course these are pros and cons to everything

Cheers,
    Dave
    Roses are out the back APIA to get to but the Lavender and scented Geraniums out the front a Lemon and a Rose scent are worth it watching the bee's collection the pollen etc all worth the time.