Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thumbs up

Wise words Bob and Cava but I was planning on the letter once the dust has settled, the tree is gone and I can compose a considered
    epistle to the tribunal.

Quote Originally Posted by artme View Post
    Wise words Bob and Cava but I was planning on the letter once the dust has settled, the tree is gone and I can compose a considered epistle to the tribunal.
    Writing to the tribunal about how its members carry out their duties would be like complaining about your wife to your mother-in-law.

If you seriously believe that the system is wrong or is not being implemented correctly and fairly (and from what you have said here you would be justified in believing), write the letter to your State Member of Parliament. The tribunal is after all an instrument of the State Government.

Cheers

Doug
    I got sick of sitting around doing nothing - so I took up meditation.

regards from Alberta, Canada

ian

Quote Originally Posted by artme View Post
    The neighbour carried out a character assassination in order to justify his stand.
    He also lied and uttered statements that were based based on speculation and supposition. Our approach has been to
    stick to facts backed up by evidence. We had, days prior to the meeting, requested friends to go over our statement and
    they had suggested some revisions because they considered parts were bordering an character assassination.
    Well done on working to show a balanced and fair view of things. Even though you have been slandered, your efforts are well worth it, don't give in to the temptation to reciprocate. People who slander others in the manner you have described are generally sad unfortunate beings. Pity is perhaps the most suitable response towards anyone who uses such behaviour, and duplication is perhaps the worst. If you genuinely believe that you are a good person, and that you can improve yourself and the things around you, you don't slander. Reverse the previous sentence to get a broad idea as to why people who do slander are sad unfortunate beings.

You went for mediation and you got mediocre, nothing new in that. A mediator sees their roll as finding a suitable outcome for both parties. It would appear they have achieved that.
    If you required something a little more definitive and judgmental then court may have been a better option.

Quote Originally Posted by rustynail View Post
    You went for mediation and you got mediocre, nothing new in that. A mediator sees their roll as finding a suitable outcome for both parties. It would appear they have achieved that.
    If you required something a little more definitive and judgmental then court may have been a better option.
    So true RN!! We don't want to go to court, partly because of costs and partly because we don't really see this as a matter for the court's attention.

Really - let common sense and decency prevail!

The great pity about all this in one way is that the tree is really a beautiful thing but it happens to be in the wrong place and is causing us problems.

I am not into removing trees willy nilly. In fact since moving here I have removed three very sad near dead lilly pilly trees that I have replaced, and planted 16 or so others:

3xJacarandas, 2x Colvillea racimosa ( Many thanks to Wizend of Oz for those), a poinciana, 8 different fruit trees, frangipanis, a palm and some others whose names escape me.