Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ozwinner View Post
    Short and curlies, short and curlies.....:mad:
    Ooooo.... (warning: Old fart lecture coming up) After 27 years in the same trade I always try to have something up my sleeve. wife{does she have green shoes? }, stock, etc)
    One of my 'customers' pays me 2.5%/annum of the stock value to store it at my place.
    They are very, very, very, good customers.
    Cliff.
    If you find a post of mine that is missing a pic that you'd like to see, let me know & I'll see if I can find a copy.

This is a straight out breach of contract. A contract exists between you and them, regardless if it is written or verbal. They have breached - Small Claims Tribunal will help out. But what mongrels they are! Hope you can get it sorted soon and still keep your work with them.
    Jeff

My wife is expressing great concern for the Australian ladies because their menfolk are staying up so late tonight.
    woody U.K.

"Common looking people are the best in the world: that is the reason the Lord makes so many of them." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by woodsprite View Post
    .... - Small Claims Tribunal will help out. But what mongrels they are! ...
    In the mean time, they don't pay & Al looses work.
    If you employ the services of a parasite, (sorry Pete) most of them (parasites) drag it out (I said most) so they make money too along the way.
    This is the bit that really sux about being a subie.
    Cliff.
    If you find a post of mine that is missing a pic that you'd like to see, let me know & I'll see if I can find a copy.

Are things getting a bit quiet down there Al? Everybody is so busy here that the rates just keep going up. Looks like it's time to find a new builder. Either that or move to sunny North Queensland and start laying blocks instead. .

Mick
    "If you need a machine today and don't buy it,

tomorrow you will have paid for it and not have it."

- Henry Ford 1938

Quote Originally Posted by jow104 View Post
    My wife is expressing great concern for the Australian ladies because their menfolk are staying up so late tonight.
    It is only 5 past 11, my wife is at.... no, I am, at the other house (not dog house) tonight so there is nobody (other that your wife) to nag me.

PS. If I am still here at 1:42am our time, Ubeaut tells me to go to bed.
    Cliff.

Quote Originally Posted by journeyman Mick View Post
    Are ....move to sunny North Queensland and start laying blocks instead. .

Mick
    Can ya lay Custom Orb? (Corro) We need a new roof on the Cairns house.
    I asked for a quote 7 weeks ago & I'm still waiting for anybody to show up.
    Cliff.

Quote Originally Posted by journeyman Mick View Post
    Are things getting a bit quiet down there Al? Everybody is so busy here that the rates just keep going up. Looks like it's time to find a new builder. Either that or move to sunny North Queensland and start laying blocks instead. .

Mick
    As far as Im aware Mick there is heaps of work here for brickies, I beleive a lot have gone West from Melbourne to chase the big money.

I went to sunny FNQ once, no thanks, its too freakin sunny, and humid too.

Al

Hear theres plenty of work on the Gold Coast.
    All you need is a pair of white loafers some bling around the neck and a mambo shirt and they wouldn't even know your a Mexican.

Remember the ads for brickies from not long ago?

"You won't believe the pay."

Finally some truth in advertising, even though it doesn't mean what you think at first...
    I may be weird, but I'm saving up to become eccentric.

- Andy Mc

Sorry to hear your story Al.

We keep hearing more and more about these corporates who make the majority of people suffer and become angry.

Unfortunately the law looks after these people when they don't pay their taxes, when they take our jobs away, when they catch us out on the fine print, pollute the environment......

Australia is meant to be fighting a war against terrorism and we have been told to be on the alert for "the enemy within".

What's the terrorist hotline number?
    - Wood Borer

I have another story to relate re this type of pay problem.

I was approaching retirement and was working self employed as an agent for a company that supplied furniture covers and curtains, the agency which I had held for over 7 years and the commission I received on orders was 20%.
    However the management thought they would reduce all commissions down to 15% thereby they thought sales would increase so that we compensated for the income loss.

However I was approaching retirement (perhaps you are Al) and I was able to survive for a further 3 years at the lesser commission and not having to work longer to maintain my income. So perhaps you could somehow see a way to gaining an advantage for yourself and the bastard loose out on his action.
    woody U.K.

"Common looking people are the best in the world: that is the reason the Lord makes so many of them." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Don't mess around with an unexpected 25% paycut.
    Just don't do any more work for them.
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

Ive got a few leads for work that I will ring tomorrow.

I wonder how many tradies they will lose from this?

Like Henley Builders from years ago, they screwed their tradies, now no one will touch them, they went from being the top builder in Vic to shyte in one easy lesson, owwh and the reports on the tele didnt help them either, all brought about from screwing the tradies, screw the tradies and the quality suffers, it has to, you cant do the same job quality wise for less money. :mad:

All we wont to do is make a decent living from our hard yakka.

Al

Mate, I've been readimg this thread, and I must say that it seems you have been wronged, but fighting a large(er) corporate will only chew up funds in legal fees.

Have you had a chance to speak, personally, with a senior manager of the building firm? If you haven't, I'd suggest it's worth a go, just to explain your position, and maybe work out deal. Invite him/her to a site and show him/her what you do, and why you're worth your rates.