Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Only prob is you have to be a spark to wire it up. The attraction of the PWS switch is thats already done for you. However for me I think $110 is too much, I have already spent far too much money in the past couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by pellcorp View Post
    Only prob is you have to be a spark to wire it up. The attraction of the PWS switch is thats already done for you. However for me I think $110 is too much, I have already spent far too much money in the past couple of weeks.
    I had a moment of weakness - I bought the delux PWS switch today.

I bought two of these on ePay

I will let you know how it goes once I install it on my Bandsaw - it is a twist on, push off mechanism and is about 55mm square
    Cheers

Jeremy
    If it were done when 'tis done, then 'twere well it were done quickly

Hi jmk89

Just a note. When installing the Emergency Stop Switch make sure that your Circuit is such that the Machine wont Start when you Twist-Reset the Emergency Stop. Have it as such that you need to actually engague the Start Button, this will be inkeeping with Standards on Emergency Stop Units.

Regards,
    Keith.

Jeremy - the switch that you found looks like it would do my new router table.... but I'll wait to see if yours works before I order a couple.

The PWS version is nice, but for that price it would want to be. A cheaper switch will suffice for me.

Cheers

I wired it up last night and it seems to work Mr Brush, so the downside on $20 is minimal
    Cheers

Jeremy
    If it were done when 'tis done, then 'twere well it were done quickly

Thanks Jeremy - I'll give him a try. The switch certainly looks like the genuine article.

I was going to buy one of the twist-on, push-off switches from Jaycar and mount it into a box myself......but this would be much easier !

Cheers

I had a moment of weakness - I bought the delux PWS switch today.
    Where did you buy it from, and was it worth it to give you peace of mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bishop View Post
    Where did you buy it from, and was it worth it to give you peace of mind?
    I bought it from PWS themselves and its pretty sweet. I think the NVR is important and I like the big stop button. Its in a nice package with no wiring requirements and it can easily be mounted flush.

So even though its sitting in a box while I wait for my shed to be completed (hopefully within days - bloody rain and wind!) I still feel very happy with my purchase. Would have been nice if it was a touch cheaper, but hey its safer and more convenient than anything else I have seen.

I bought it from PWS themselves and its pretty sweet. I think the NVR is important and I like the big stop button. Its in a nice package with no wiring requirements and it can easily be mounted flush.

So even though its sitting in a box while I wait for my shed to be completed (hopefully within days - bloody rain and wind!) I still feel very happy with my purchase. Would have been nice if it was a touch cheaper, but hey its safer and more convenient than anything else I have seen.

Yeah, from the sounds of it your got yourself a pretty good deal.

It cost $140 so its on the pricey side, but the quality of the manufacture is obvious and it has electrical safety inspection tags and nice thick cords. It feels very solid.

For the sake of safety a good mushroom switch easy to activate seems obvious. I could mount this at knee height and it would be good for emergency shut offs where I can't let go of the piece I am routing to hit a stop button with my hand.

Default wholesalers

Ern,

Stop switches are a standard requirement. So any electrical wholesaler will have stock on hand.They tend to be bought by name ie moeller emergency foot stop switch etc

Category 4 Compatible E-stop Emergency Stop Button - Pilz Safe Automation

nhp.com.au - industrial switchgear & automation
    foot design here
    Moeller Electric Ltd - Emergency-Stop Buttons

some wholesalers

John R. Turk

melb. list

Google
    Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working. — Pablo Picasso

Thanks Hughie.

I researched that route. IIRC Moellers were about $180 and then still had to be wired up.

In the end I got a wired unit from PWS that was about $110 and will do double duty on the router table.
    Cheers, Ern

Quote Originally Posted by rsser View Post
    Thanks Hughie.

I researched that route. IIRC Moellers were about $180 and then still had to be wired up.

In the end I got a wired unit from PWS that was about $110 and will do double duty on the router table.
    I ended up doing the same actually. But I got the delux unit which cost me $145.00. They did not have any of the standard unit and i could not be bothered going back when they did!

Great unit for the few minutes I used it before my f***ing triton router bit the dust