Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Dazzler,

Glad to see you clarified the religious argument, So often the grab bag term "Muslim" is used with no clear understanding of the differences you so clearly point out. It is like "Christian" to cover say the conflict in Ireland, or perhaps not distinguishing between American evangelistic Baptists and the Catholic church. After all they are just "Christians", Ignorance and fear breed conflict.

I restricted my argument to the moral issue of allowing a point of view to be aired so it can be countered. Your attack on whether the man should be extradited for a crime he did not commit in Germany whilst a legal issue is also moral and I agree with you . It is easy to be sympathetic to Germany's attitude to holocaust denial when one sees the attitude of a large part of the public to the death of the Austrian right wing politician who expounded similar views. Germany rightly fears neo nazism among some is not dead there. But England should not involve itself in what would be an illegal and immoral act.

Jerry
    Every person takes the limit of their own vision for the limits of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by jerryc View Post
    Dazzler,

I restricted my argument to the moral issue of allowing a point of view to be aired so it can be countered. Your attack on whether the man should be extradited for a crime he did not commit in Germany whilst a legal issue is also moral and I agree with you . It is easy to be sympathetic to Germany's attitude to holocaust denial when one sees the attitude of a large part of the public to the death of the Austrian right wing politician who expounded similar views. Germany rightly fears neo nazism among some is not dead there. But England should not involve itself in what would be an illegal and immoral act.

Jerry
    A magistrate in the UK lower courts has dismissed the extradition request, but the Crown prosecutor has appealed the decision to a higher court...
    "If something is really worth doing, it is worth doing badly." - GK Chesterton