Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  22
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Forum updates

Seems to be a problem with screen sizing. On both Laptops, one with 15" and the other with a 19" screen with windows open at Maximum I'm getting the bottom scroll bar.

Two screens shots with screen scrolled to the left and the right from my 19" screen which is 1440 x 900.

Scrolled_left.png Scrolled_right.png
    Cheers

DJ

ADMIN

Quote Originally Posted by DJ's Timber View Post
    Seems to be a problem with screen sizing. On both Laptops, one with 15" and the other with a 19" screen with windows open at Maximum I'm getting the bottom scroll bar.

Two screens shots with screen scrolled to the left and the right from my 19" screen which is 1440 x 900.

Scrolled_left.png Scrolled_right.png
    Hi there

The navigation isn't displaying correct for you, i'll have a squiz in a sec.
    Steve
    --
    Woodwork Forums
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Are you a registered member? Why not? click here to register. It's free and only takes 37 seconds!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonzjob View Post
    Sorry Steve, but I can't find the selection for the single column. I use a 13" MacBook and the main screen is busy to say the very least and difficult to navigate..

Here is a screenshot showing the Quick Style Chooser, you should have the same, is also available on my iPad, so it should work on your MacBook

Quick Style.jpg
    Cheers

DJ

ADMIN

The latest update fixes the right and column issue for me on the new posts page on a netbook and I can hide it on other pages if desired. Thanks to Steve and !

Maybe the sponsors panel could be decoupled somehow from the New Forum Posts scrolling panel and Tag Cloud, I personally cannot find any value in those panels and will default to always have them on hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzie View Post
    The latest update fixes the right and column issue for me on the new posts page on a netbook and I can hide it on other pages if desired. Thanks to Steve and !

Maybe the sponsors panel could be decoupled somehow from the New Forum Posts scrolling panel and Tag Cloud, I personally cannot find any value in those panels and will default to always have them on hide.
    Not I. Steve and Neil are doing all this, I just criticise and check every now and again.

Thanks Neil and Steve (and others)!
    The tweaks have much improved the usability of the Forum
    Russell (aka Mulgabill)
    "It is as it is"

Ueee is offline Blacksmith, Cabinetmaker, Machinist, Messmaker

A big thanks Neil and team, especially now i can hide the advertising....

I know you cannot please everyone, but i find the colours really bad on my eyes and cannot look at the site for as long as i could. I have tried in vain to bring up an old version of the site (from history working offline) just to see what the differences are. Could a screenshot of a thread be put up?

I just noticed the "topic review" has changed to black on white, much better than the brown? on beige? it was

oh, and still no difference between single column and default for me (latest firefox)

another afterthought, is the Google advertising paid per click?......i'm sure we can help with that click click click......
    1915 17"x50" LeBlond heavy duty Lathe, 24" Queen city shaper, 1970's G Vernier FV.3.TO Universal Mill, 1958 Blohm HFS 6 surface grinder, 1942 Rivett 715 Lathe, 14"x40" Antrac Lathe, Startrite H225 Bandsaw, 1949 Hercus Camelback Drill press, 1947 Holbrook C10 Lathe.

Ex Nr Carcassonne S France Now NW Wiltshire, Blighty.

Well DJ. I don't care what anyone else says, I reckon yer a gentleman mate. Cracked it and I can now see the single column forum main page. Much easier to read and I found how to put the page full width too sans publicity. I know that the publicity is the reason that we have the forum free, but with almost all of it neing on the other side of the world it int a lot of good for me..
    My ambition is to grow old disgracefully. So far my ywife recons that I'm doing quite well! John.
    http://johnamandiers.wixsite.com/johns-w-o-w-1