Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sikkens VS Oil

Quote Originally Posted by Extracare View Post
    Thanks Larry for the sanding schedule. I'll post some pics of before and afters once I do it.
    Cheers mate, glad to help.

Hi guys.
    I've just layed a merbau deck, punch and putty, sanded with a belt sander. I used a weatherproof high gloss polyurethane from Feast Watson. It says on the can that it's suitable for marine aplications, but I just went to their website and it says that it's not suitable for flooring. Whoops! Oh well. It looks great anyway but it's only about three weeks old at the moment. Most of it is under cover but we'll see how it looks in a year or so. I don't mind giving it a light sand and a re-coat every year.

Hi Guys I read your thread with great intrest having been through this many times before with clients. I have used Cabots, Feast Watson & DWD, I think they are all as bad as each other. (except for the new cabots (timbershades, I thought that was good stuff but that jobs only 6mths old, we will see how it lasts) ) I just used the 'Flood' Spa & Deck stuff on a BBQ bench made from decking for a client and i must say i'm impressed with it you can tell it's not going to skin, so no blistering or peeling! It soaked in really well, so good protection & the color was great. Also very easy to apply, no odours or sticky chemical gunk! When it comes time to touch up all that will be required will be a wash and recoat. I would use it again.

Quote Originally Posted by pawnhead View Post
    Hi guys.
    I've just layed a merbau deck, punch and putty, sanded with a belt sander. I used a weatherproof high gloss polyurethane from Feast Watson. It says on the can that it's suitable for marine applications, but I just went to their website and it says that it's not suitable for flooring. Whoops! Oh well. It looks great anyway but it's only about three weeks old at the moment. Most of it is under cover but we'll see how it looks in a year or so. I don't mind giving it a light sand and a re-coat every year.
    Weatherproof poly is a little softer than floor stuff. W/P poly has UV inhibitors in it to filter UV rays from the sun, also it is more elastic to allow for excessive movement in the timber. That is why it is softer, so it is not really suitable for heavy foot traffic,all you will get is that it may scratch .