Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Farewell

Thanks for the four line reply Ken. As the youngsters say nowadays: " Whatever."
    I spent enough energy on this subject, will rather look at constructive threads, as nothing constructive will come out of this.

Cya
    Joe

I agree.

Ken - I haven't seen too many problems with your previous tea cup storms - to the contrary some have been a good read and balanced out otherwise one sided topics. However, to be putting urine in the pockets of moderators at the frequency and flow rate that you have will get you nowhere, especially when they are more often than not doing you, and the rest of us, a favour.

Ken

I guess I'm in the minority, but I've always managed looked past your ascerbic wit and seen someone willing to challenge groupthink and political correctness. I didn't always agree your comments (some of them made me wince) but I'm sorry to see you go.

At the end of the day, its Iain's and his delegates' forum and if they feel the need to use the black pen its up to them.
    This time, we didn't forget the gravy.

Oooooh!

Touched a nerve there did I ?

Touched a nerve there did I
    I'd just prefer to see what is said or written, even if its in poor taste, along with all its objections instead of having it all blanked out. Any censorship gives me the creeps 1930s-Germany style.

Having said that, I've seen a lot of "spirited" opinion published on this forum, which keeps me coming back.

I agree that censorship is not necessarily a good thing because it is often used by people to hide or distort the truth.

The big difference between what did and the Nazis is that isn't forbidding someone to make certain comments he is just stopping those comments being broadcast from this Forum. People can make those comments on their own website or perhaps on billboards in their front gardens. In Nazi Germany people who made unfavourable comments about the goverment or it's policies disappeared.

has clearly indicated the reasons for doing so and I have no problems with his actions or reasons.

- Wood Borer

Andrew,

My post was to the Dummy Spitter, not about your post.

It was not my intention to label as a murderer, and I'm not 100% sure that this could reasonably be implied from what I wrote. I think its a cheap score to suggest I'm doing that. However, To : If you got the impression that I framed you as a murdering blackshirt I sincerely apologise. It was not my intention

My point was that the threat of censorship never helps a community running on free opinions like this forum does. If I had a sh*t experience with a retailer I think others would want to hear about it and this forum is a good medium. If I thought a product I bought had shortcomings I think others might want to hear it and this forum is a good medium. If I had a joke in poor taste which aims at some sacred cows this forum is a good medium. Why would I bother if thought I might be silenced because my style was frank or offensive? If you want tainted opinions with a distinct absence of what the commoner thinks, here's a tip : read woodworking magazines, look at glossy product brochures and, dare I say it, watch the DIY TV shows. The strength of this forum runs on its openness, not its exclusivity.

In short I don't agree with 's decision but I accept it because this is Iain's forum and he has delegated moderating to . I wouldn't want 's job on this forum, by the way.

Anyway, the main thing I wanted to do was to apologise to for any unintended offence. I don't want to go on and on about this issue before people get sick of me too.

Sprog - no probs. Thanks for the clarification.

NDRU,

I don't think anyone could accuse you of putting in a black or brown shirt with what you said. We all have different ideas about levels of censorship and where and if and how it should/should not be applied.

I am happy to discuss the matter over a beer and I am sure the pub would run out of beer long before we all agreed.

Now what would be the best beer to drink?

Have a good weekend,

Wood Borer

It isn't Iains Forum but Neils as in Ubeaut Enterprises.

Sometimes I don't envy my job but most people play by the rules.

There is a difference between constructive criticism and hanging it on some ones products.

Quote Originally Posted by

Sometimes I don't envy my job but most people play by the rules.
    Hey mister can I have a drive can I , ohhhhh go on mister, can I,can I,can I,can I, ooooooowh go on gisago.

Al
    Last edited by ozwinner; 28th May 2004 at 09:06 PM.

NOPE

Quote Originally Posted by
    NOPE

Spoilsport I wanted a go after Ozwinner.

Peter.

How about "Rolling Administorial Duties"

Everyone gets to be Moderator for a day.

Now wouldn't that be intersting? :eek: :eek:

Ben.

Ps. I bags first turn