Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DaveInOz
    I would suggest that if you can get doorstop to bite then you are after big fish
    Dave,

If you re-read my post, I absolutely included "Dills" in the target market!!!

But you are correct of course..... "dills who have ceased to be" are pretty much an impossible target!

As for rhyming slang, china, it's part of the language I grew up with, and it's going to stay that way despite (or perhaps because of) the cringe that some suffer!

Cheers,

P (who thinks Carbatec Melbourne started all this so they should finish it!!)

South Oz, the big smokey bit in the middle

Quote Originally Posted by silentC
    BTW what's with the American guy on the Subway commercials? I remember a time when foreign commercials had to be overdubbed with local 'talent'. Is this a sign of things to come?
    He used to be an extremely obese guy who became merely a big guy by eating nothing by Subway sandwiches. Rather impressive really - the weight loss that is, though one does have to admire his dedication to eating nothing but Subway.

Richard

About once a fortnight, I put up a post that never makes it to the board - the above post was done twice thanks to this. Is getting psychic and deleting me before the Midge gets to respond? Or am I getting psychotic?

Richard

So he used to do Macdonalds ads?
    "I don't practice what I preach because I'm not the kind of person I'm preaching to."

So he used to do Macdonalds ads?
    No, it's a true story. He was just a very fat, very unhappy guy who saw their ads for low fat food and dreamt up his own diet. It did include exercise, it wasn't just the eating. I remember seeing a story about him before he signed the advertising deal.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Daddles
    No, it's a true story. He was just a very fat, very unhappy guy who saw their ads for low fat food and dreamt up his own diet. It did include exercise, it wasn't just the eating. I remember seeing a story about him before he signed the advertising deal.

Richard
    Ahh, dear Jarrod. Yep, real guy, real weightloss.... spent a year eating Subs three times a day (with diet chips and diet soda as a treat at lunchtime).

Lost hundreds of pounds (and more than a few kilos), and even did a spot on Oprah before Subway got a hold of him. He spawned (well his story did) thousands of wannabe's, and in the states they are known as Jarrod's army.

In fact his diet is one of the things that gave that company a genuinely positive health momentum....check here if interested

As for the UNBELIEVABLE costs of dubbing and why it don't happen so much no more......... sigh!

Err how did we get from Carbatec to this?
    P (who let the bastards grind him down!! )

Well, apart from the protection of jobs for the poor starving voice-over talent in Australia, and who cares if it costs these multi-national companies a motza to get it done, there's the principle of the thing. I mean, what's next? Would "I love Aeroplane Jelly" be as memorable if it was sung as "I love Airplane Jello" by some kid from Texas? Come on, get real. We're losing our identity by the minute. Next they'll give Ronald Macdonald an American accent :eek:

Just carrying on with the theme of the day.
    "I don't practice what I preach because I'm not the kind of person I'm preaching to."

Actually, we're doing quite well with this thread. From Carbatech we've managed to insult the yanks, threaten the kiwis, mention yankee ads coming to Oz and discuss weight loss in advertising.
    And not a pancake anywhere.
    I'm impressed. All we need to do now is to start World War 2 ... or did I miss that one.

Richard

Next they'll give Ronald Macdonald an American accent :eek:
    I think it's appalling, that they've allowed that to happen to a simple Scottish hamburger chain.

P

Quote Originally Posted by bitingmidge
    I think it's appalling, that they've allowed that to happen to a simple Scottish hamburger chain.

P
    Scottish? I'll believe that when they start serving McHaggis Burgers

Quote Originally Posted by Termite
    Scottish? I'll believe that when they start serving McHaggis Burgers
    They've been working on them but haven't been able to effectively plasiticise Haggis yet. All efforts to date have retained some nutritional content and hence have been deemed unsuitable.

Richard

So what has happened to XXXXX-XXX Melbourne? I can't be bothered driving the 20 or so ks to go and see.
    P.S . Everyone knows that the Haggis are little round animals that have four legs,of which two on one side are shorter than the two on the other, evolved through running around the mountain sides in Scotland. They are only caught by hairy legged scots in skirts after said scots have consumed several bottles of single malt, some being saved to pour over the haggis either before,during or after cooking. Right Iain?
    Jack the Lad.

Drop Bear Capital of Gippsland (Lang Lang) Vic Australia

Absolutely correct, in fact the male haggis after being carefully consumed is then boned out and covered in tartan wool from the highland tartan sheep and played by the pipers, it has to be the male though.
    To corroborate this I have evidence of a live haggis (escaped from a Scottish Airways fight in Hawaii) and the highland sheep.
    Viv Glenlivet
    Stupidity kills. Absolute stupidity kills absolutely.

Iain, ifn I hadna seen it I wouldna believed it.

Do you slice and spread haggis on a pancake, or roll them in it as you would a crepe??

P :confused: