Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

If the neighbour's kid can come home at 4am with a loud exhaust, 'thump thump thump' carrying on, and revving it for 5 minutes while it 'cools the turbo down' without a care in the world for anyone else, then I'll bloody well mow the lawn at 5pm on a Sunday evening!

Just so happens my shed is in the corner of the yard adjacent to the garage that he sleeps in. I now have a series of short holes in the slab where I tested a new masonry bit in the hammer drill at 8am on the dot the morning after that. Revenge was very sweet indeed!

There are far worse noise problems - all the cars with illegal loud exhausts, noisy sound systems that rattle an entire block - and they will park for half the night with it running, kids on trail bikes in the local park, neighbours idiot kids banging on the colourbond fence for hours on end trying to make the dog bark, and the favourite pointed out above, the garbage truck at 4.45am on tuesday morning....

Why the hell do they have to rev the crap out of those trucks to drive the 18m to the next bin?

I'd say some sill pollie has had a run in with a neighbour, the cops have told him to go jump with his noise complaint, and now he's waging war.

Drop Bear Capital of Gippsland (Lang Lang) Vic Australia

We live a couple of K's out of town and generally noise is not an issue, either making or being annoyed by, but what I hate is the peanuts that decide to practice doughnuts at the T intersection outside our place on Saturday night after the pub shuts.
    Usually about 2.00am, the positive side is that about once every 3 weeks there is a resounding 'thud' as one of the pyss heads loses it and pummels his pride and joy into the ditch outside our place, this usually results in more lights (blue and red, flashing) and another hoon being removed from the road for a while.
    Sunday morning we go and have a look to make sure the fences are OK but in the past four and a half years no one has got through to the other side of the ditch yet, about 4 feet deep on the road side and about a 6 foot climb on our side.
    Apart from that no neighbours within earshot so I get to do what I want when I want.
    Stupidity kills. Absolute stupidity kills absolutely.

I still get mightily peeved remembering the inconsiderate Father and son duo who decided to warm up their no-muffler off-road motorbikes right underneath my window when I used to live on top of a service station (in my uni days) So much for the nice peaceful Sunday 7 am sleep in!! A broom banged on his helmet did the trick, but I still wish the window had been big enough to throw a bucket of cold water on him.....

Quote Originally Posted by rufflyrustic View Post
    A broom banged on his helmet did the trick,
    Did you get off it first?

Al

Hi

Simple! Change to metalwork

Interestingly turning or milling metal is sooooo much quieter than working with wood.
    Kind Regards

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by MrFixIt View Post
    Hi

Interestingly turning or milling metal is sooooo much quieter than working with wood.
    Depends on whether you cut it with an angle grinder or not.

Don't whinge about it, get revenge!
    If you can do it - Do it! If you can't do it - Try it!
    Do both well!

I only just realised the importance of banning power tooluse on weekends.

No more diy

So I can increase labor rate up
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

tell me about it, been awake since 3am this morn'n, carbage trucks , delivery trucks, and yes why do they have to rev the crap out of there truck to get 10m...

other nights it's the bloody drug infested idiots across from me acting like retards till 2am...

yet i work in my garage with the window closed , almost sufficating to try and keep the noise down so not to disturb people to much...

revenge feels good at the time but usually makes things worse in the long run, war with the neighbours can get out of hand and end up very nasty and unpleasent...
    Hurry, slowly

I wouldnt worry about any ban. I recommend you dont either. Think about it.... lets say the ban is in place and its 12:15 Sunday and u have to run one more piece thru the jointer... your gunna do it right ? I am... so dikchead neightbour complains... the Police are so busy chasing crooks and issuung tickets do u honestly think they are gunna come to your place and ask u to unplug your tools ? I dont think so... I can forsee a very monty pythonesque moment where Inspector Plod rolls up and sez "You're a very Naughty boy Zed... We're gunna have to sell u for medical experiments.." Lol!!

Sounds like this alderman has small penis syundrome and needs to flex his miniscule muscles..... This imbecile will probably be voted off the local council next eleciton and can then get back to the very serious business of looking over his next door neighbours fence to see if his lawn is regulation height and the flowers are all pointing the right way... another moron in govt.... thiose that can do. those that cant run for office....

ANother thought - perhaps his neighbour is one of us and we've already told him that he cant use our Kirsch Chisels to open his paint tins... lol!!!!! hence the ban .... (In his head the rusty wheels go ..... think think think.... "I'll fix his little red ww'ing wagon" I'll ban his @rshe ...." ) Insert self improitant head wobble here...
    Zed

the cops won't come round, but if he complains to the council, then expect a visit from the Ranger on monday morn'n...

...but (had this problem myself) as long as you stick within the hours, nobody has a right to complain, if they do the ranger will contact you and then you just say you do woodworking as a hobby and only inside the allowed hours and then the Ranger says "that's all i want to here" and your in the clear...

just do what you want to do, unless your naughty and do it outside the hours, then the Ranger can fine you, but he has to catch you in the act, which is possible, i'm mean if the ranger is on his way to your place, would you know about it, not likely..
    Hurry, slowly

Quote Originally Posted by Big Shed View Post
    Maybe you should respond with a suggestion that Sydney Council can only collect rubbish between the hours of 9am and 4:30pm on alternate weekdays and never on Wednesday

That should make for peaceful suburbs.
    And dogs are only allowed to bark between the same times!
    It s not getting away from it all it s getting back to it all!
    Peter Dombrovski

Big Brother is alive and well. Vale democracy!
    If you can do it - Do it! If you can't do it - Try it!
    Do both well!

The honorable councilors want to be able to sleep at the weekends,give them a break (in the neck) you have to admit that they have got every other ratepayers concerns at heart.Because like all other councilors these days its the council staff that do all the work and make all the decisions which gives them the whole week to sleep as well and we are the suckers who pay them an allowance.
    Last edited by bentley; 10th July 2007 at 11:23 PM. Reason: spelling

[quote=MrFixIt;501219]Hi

you should hear me when im working with wood,radio on singing(fantastic voice) laughing,no swearing obviously, saws, thicknesser,spindle moulder, a massive sawdust extractor system,every power tool ever invented etc good job the neighbour is stone deaf and if the wife is not yet deaf she soon will be.